Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
01G8R

Everglades Magnetic Race Holster

The gun does not really rock when it is locked and you cannot access the trigger when the gun is in the holster.  It works with every 2011 grip we have tried.  The lock is slightly tighter with the metal grip (PT, Lonestar, Cheely, SV, STI Plastic and Limcat have all been tested) than the plastic grip, but both work just fine.  The lock is very clearly shown in the last two pictures of my second post. 

We have tons of these holsters out to shooters and safety is not an issue.  5 guys on my squad last week at A6 were using this holster and there has never been an issue with any of them that I'm aware of.  I'm not really sure what your concern is, but please explain and I will try to help.   

Best Holster I have ever owned, it works with all 2011 pistols..

On 4/16/2019 at 4:48 AM, 01G8R said:

The gun does not really rock when it is locked and you cannot access the trigger when the gun is in the holster.  It works with every 2011 grip we have tried.  The lock is slightly tighter with the metal grip (PT, Lonestar, Cheely, SV, STI Plastic and Limcat have all been tested) than the plastic grip, but both work just fine.  The lock is very clearly shown in the last two pictures of my second post. 

We have tons of these holsters out to shooters and safety is not an issue.  5 guys on my squad last week at A6 were using this holster and there has never been an issue with any of them that I'm aware of.  I'm not really sure what your concern is, but please explain and I will try to help.   

Do you need to do any modification to the locking mechanism to get smooth operation with metal grips?

Do you need to do any modification to the locking mechanism to get smooth operation with metal grips?

No.

On 3/26/2019 at 10:09 PM, Shadyscott999 said:

I can assure you this is the best holster on the market.  I dumped my DAA for this one.  You will not be disappointed.  

Why did you ditch the DAA ?  Which one were you using?

Why did you ditch the DAA ?  Which one were you using?

Better fit, lockup, and smoother & more consistent action. Stronger construction.

I had both the older mechanical and the newer magnetic insert for the DAA holsters. Used the old Racemaster and the Alpha-X.

Are there any plans to expand the range of guns that will fit this holster?

1 hour ago, clw42 said:

Are there any plans to expand the range of guns that will fit this holster?

Not at this time.  What particular gun were you interested in using with the holster?  Thanks.

Damn, that is one beautiful piece of hardware. I'm surprised that I'm seeing it for the first time right now, but it's at the top of my list for if/when I ever dabble in Limited again.

I'll look into it.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, 01G8R said:

Not at this time.  What particular gun were you interested in using with the holster?  Thanks.

Ironically - CZ, as d13s3l mentioned.  In my case the Czechmate. 

Posted (edited)

Can you guys educate me on the CZ platforms that are most popular?  I don't have any experience with them.  Do all of the different models use the same trigger guard/frame dimensions in the area where the holster holds the gun?  If not, can someone make a list of the different models that competition guys are running so I can go about trying to get my hands on them?  Thanks.

Edited by 01G8R

I would think for this type of holster, the likely contenders would be the czechmate and tactical sport

2 hours ago, LuvDog said:

I would think for this type of holster, the likely contenders would be the czechmate and tactical sport 

I would agree, but I would actually say the Tactical Sport Orange as the original TS is no longer in production.  Both the TSO and CM would cover the two different trigger guards and those are really the only CZ guns that I know of that folks are using in Limited and Open divisions.

I saw one of the MRH holsters at a SC match.  Looked awesome and the owner (a GM in SC) said the draw was as smooth as it looked...virtually effortless.  I'm sure I'll end up with a 2011 eventually, but I wouldn't mind having the MRH for my Czechmate.

Thanks.  I'll look into getting my hands on those guns to see if I can make it work.

The above photo represents the two versions of trigger guards.

I've been very impressed with my friend's everglades 2011 holster, but i too shoot a Czechmate for open and a Tac Sport Orange for limited. Mine has the type 2 ts-orange style trigger guard.  I'm using the alpha x for 3gun and would love the fully locked option especially when coming out of a shotgun or rifle sling.

What about mounting to a  1 3/4" belt like the Safariland ELS?

Spacing on the hanger is for a 1.5" belt.  I haven't tired it on the Safariland belt, but I don't think it would work without modification.

Just put in my order for the MRH with thigh pad.  Really excited to try it!

4 hours ago, UpYoursPal said:

Just put in my order for the MRH with thigh pad.  Really excited to try it!

Awesome.  I think you will be happy with it.  Thanks.

On 6/21/2019 at 7:53 PM, 01G8R said:

Awesome.  I think you will be happy with it.  Thanks.

I’ve had this thing for a month now and shot about four matches with it.  Smooth, absolutely rock-solid, and works marvelously with my PT grip open gun.  The retention system is incredibly easy and intuitive!