Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Testing recoil springs for CZ Phantom

GregJ

Got the spring tuner pack from CGW, and found that the 10,11, and 12# springs would allow the slide to auto-forward when inserting a full mag.  Insertion was with slightly less than normal (non-match) amount of force. It never did that with the stock spring, and does not do it with the 13 or 14# springs. So far the 13# has been working well.  Anyone else run into this?

I could easily replicate the auto-forward with a mag that was not full, and the 10,11,12# springs. Put the 13 and 14# in and could not reproduce the auto-forward. I suppose it's possible the bullets were hitting the slide release enough to cause the auto-forward with the softer springs.  

I couldnt tell a lot of difference in how the gun shot/recoiled with the 10,11,12# springs.  Rounds are about 130 PF (124gr Zero with 3.7g E3).  Pistol has the CGW 75215 decocker prodction legal kit, which includes 13# hammer spring. Gun runs well with the 13#, will see for sure at a local match tomorrow.

When I have more time I will try to test more and take some slo-mo videos. :cheers: