Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do I achieve 50 post count to enter Classifieds?

zbrobst

11 hours ago, Milkman said:

Since I can't see the classified's until I hit 50 posts, I will try to get there intelligently!

So you cant even see them until you hit 50 posts?  I knew you had to be a member & logged in to see them....?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

There's really only two types of BE members:

1.  Experts who are knowledgeable in at least one aspect of out sport - all they have to do is comment on other peoples' questions.

2.  Novices in at least one aspect of our sport - all they have to do is ask questions about what they don't know.

Easy to get to 1,000 or so  ....   :) 

There's also the ones who have read Brian's book and quote it to the newbs... :lol:

5 hours ago, Milkman said:

Problem is I don't know what I don't know yet.

Keep browsing existing threads. Forum areas that interest you or just New Content.

Ask questions. People in pretty high positions have told me that there ain't no such thing as a stupid question - when asked in earnest. Frequently, not asking is the stupid thing...

12 hours ago, Milkman said:

Problem is I don't know what I don't know yet.

I didn't either at first, but as time went on you gain experience in this sport. I've been doing this for a couple of years and feel like I'm not an expert, but I can give my opinion and things that I have tried to help others in a similar situation make choices.

I've been a member for a little over a year and I have just reached "50" posts. It was somewhat difficult.  Mostly because I dabble into many of the sports, not really an expert in any.  There are a few things I feel like I could answer or give an educated guess on but a lot of times the threads are very old.  So reading through the current threads I've been able to poke my opinion around, hopefully helping a few people. I know I've learned a bunch from here. 

• 4 months later...

I am a noob to this forum and sport, and was just browsing posts and found this thread. Although I have nothing to sell and not ready to buy, I’m glad I (re)learned this rule. 

And btw, these types of rules for entering a forum classified section are pretty common around the web. 

And ironically, this is my first post, hahah!

• 3 weeks later...

It's a bit daunting to ask questions that I know have been answered before. As a result, some guys like me have a lot of time searching & lurking with little posting. It's the "search more/post less" mindset. 

That's in no way a complaint about the site rule. It still encourages active discussion. IIRC, this change came after I had joined, since I have previously done several large (to me) purchases through the classifieds.  

My perspective as a forum neophyte that has used the classifieds, and what I'd tell other new/low post count users:

-It's a very reasonable rule. The site is a great information resource.  

-It's worth putting in the very modest effort of intellectual contribution to the site. 

-Jumping right into the classifieds is a good way to spend thousands of dollars in a very short time. There's always time to hemorrhage money later. 

Edited by sleepdr

On 1/26/2018 at 2:16 PM, sleepdr said:

It's a bit daunting to ask questions that I know have been answered before. As a result, some guys like me have a lot of time searching & lurking with little posting. It's the "search more/post less" mindset. 

That's in no way a complaint about the site rule. It still encourages active discussion. IIRC, this change came after I had joined, since I have previously done several large (to me) purchases through the classifieds.  

My perspective as a forum neophyte that has used the classifieds, and what I'd tell other new/low post count users:

-It's a very reasonable rule. The site is a great information resource.  

-It's worth putting in the very modest effort of intellectual contribution to the site. 

-Jumping right into the classifieds is a good way to spend thousands of dollars in a very short time. There's always time to hemorrhage money later. 

Incorrect. You can use the classifieds with zero posts...if you are buying. The requirement is to have 50 posts to place an ad (WTT, WTB, WTS).

I have never tried to sell in the classified section.  I just stash all of my "stuff" labeled in plastic storage bins.  Now that my kids are getting more into shooting, I have plenty of "stuff" for them to use.  Except for the pretty blue shooting belt my daughter wanted.  Black was too boring.

3 hours ago, stick said:

I have never tried to sell in the classified section.  I just stash all of my "stuff" labeled in plastic storage bins.  Now that my kids are getting more into shooting, I have plenty of "stuff" for them to use.  Except for the pretty blue shooting belt my daughter wanted.  Black was too boring.

Man I wish I could get my son interested... He goes sometimes but has no desire to compete.  If it's not a video game or book he just doesn't care.

3 hours ago, Topgeer said:

If it's not a video game or book he just doesn't care.

These modern video games are addictive - excellent quality and very challenging.    :wub:

BUT, if someone breaks into your house at night, tough to throw a controller at them.    :P

13 hours ago, Topgeer said:

Is there something that you have to do after your 50 post?  I still don't have an option to post in classifieds.

:-D  you must post at least one joke in the humor section.

Edited by Miranda
typo

Just joined and found this post.  Doubt I'll use the classified section to sell as I hardly ever part with a handgun or equipment (just ask my wife and she'll tell you!) but I might be interested in buying!  I'm trying to get back into shooting after life made me take some time away.

I don't intend to use this forum to sell anything either since I live in the DFW area and there are other local places to buy and sell.  I prefer to see what I'm getting and not deal with shipping.  But I will contribute to get over 50 - just in case. 

Regardless, every time I see this topic - it does make me laugh.  How do I get 50 posts?  Ummm, try posting 50 times !

On 1/28/2018 at 6:47 PM, GrumpyOne said:

Incorrect. You can use the classifieds with zero posts...if you are buying. The requirement is to have 50 posts to place an ad (WTT, WTB, WTS).

That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.

• 1 month later...
I don't intend to use this forum to sell anything either since I live in the DFW area and there are other local places to buy and sell.  I prefer to see what I'm getting and not deal with shipping.  But I will contribute to get over 50 - just in case. 
Regardless, every time I see this topic - it does make me laugh.  How do I get 50 posts?  Ummm, try posting 50 times !

I live north of dfw but work in Richardson. Where are the localish places to buy decent stuff? So far I have found I like gun masters in Plano and that’s about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, nix_gary said:

I live north of dfw but work in Richardson. Where are the localish places to buy decent stuff? So far I have found I like gun masters in Plano and that’s about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say the best place to buy/sell competition gear is at your local matches, just put out the word you're looking for or looking to sell X, Y, or Z; we're all gear whores so the buyer/seller will find you :)