Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do I achieve 50 post count to enter Classifieds?

zbrobst

I have commented and posted a few times on BrianEnos but my post count still says zero. What is needed to reach the 50 post count in order to post to classifieds? 

Thanks,

Zach

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach,

Actually anything in the Introduction section of the forum doesn't count towards your posting count.  It throws people off initially as it normally counts on most forums, but does not here.  But when you contribute in other parts of the forum, such as above, your post count will go up.

However, just be advised to make your posts count and contribute.  The moderators do watch and do contribute here (which is actually refreshing compared to most forums).  So, if you are doing one word posts and such just to get to 50 to post in the classifieds, they will notice and will take heed of it and possibly reduce your post count and/or even remove your classified post and/or status.  So, make sure the posts are meaningful and you will be good to go like the rest of the people here.  It really isn't hard to do.  I thought it would take me forever to get to 50 (and I didn't even have anything to sell.  LOL), but in a very short while, poof, I was above 50. :) 

2 hours ago, zbrobst said:

What is needed to reach the 50 post count in order to post to classifieds? 

Just have to sit back, read, enjoy and post your experiences supporting, or

opposing, other contributions by other people  :) 

Hope you enjoy our Forums as much as I do.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you!  +1 for me...

Actually I was hesitant to post on topics but found it interesting to hear other opinions.  The ones I care about I comment, others are just fun to read.

On 6/29/2017 at 11:35 AM, zbrobst said:

I have commented and posted a few times on BrianEnos but my post count still says zero. What is needed to reach the 50 post count in order to post to classifieds? 

Thanks,

Zach

50 meaningful contributions will open up the classifieds for you, however, I strongly suggest that you read the forum rules, in particular,  this part of the classifieds forum rules:

Contributing to the Forum
The Classified Forum was originally created to serve as an outlet to allow contributing members to buy, sell, or trade their equipment and supplies. This Forum, in general, was not intended to be free place to buy or sell firearms, shooting gear, or unrelated items. Meaning, if you're only here to sell your goods, you are not welcome.

GrumpyOne

BE Forums Moderator

If you notice, he still has only one post (this initial one) from June 29th.  Apparently he didn't feel like being a contributor to the forum, but just wanted to sell some things.  Sad.  Now I see why the policy is in place and obviously for good reason.

15 minutes ago, R1_Demon said:

If you notice, he still has only one post (this initial one) from June 29th.  Apparently he didn't feel like being a contributor to the forum, but just wanted to sell some things.  Sad.  Now I see why the policy is in place and obviously for good reason.

Sad indeed that we have to spend so much time dealing with that issue.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2017 at 10:20 PM, tattooo said:

People don't get that it is a free feature for the community. If you don't participate or contribute you are not a part of the community and don't deserve its benefits.

Its kind of like moving into an upscale neighborhood just to hold a garage sale ;)

As a fairly recently new member, I DO understand getting to 50 posts being an obstacle to a newbie. 

From my own personal perspective, I know that I felt like I had nothing to contribute to this forum, simply because I revered those posting so much.  I mean, how could I possibly have anything interesting to say, when many of the readers of this forum are some of the best competitors in the world?  Plus, I didn't want to look stupid by posting a question that had an answer which was probably SO obvious to so many here...  

Finally, I realized that I did have some insight into a few things, but I still feel like I learn MUCH more than I contribute here.  50 posts came pretty quickly though...  

Edited by Ken6PPC
spelin erors... LOL!

2 hours ago, Ken6PPC said:

how could I have anything interesting to say, when many of the readers of this forum are some of the best competitors in the world?

I'm FAR from "one of the best competitors in the world", and probably have

Very Little "interesting" to say, but that didn't stop me from posting almost

8,000 times    :unsure:

And, I haven't sold anything, except for some FMJ bullets a few years ago,

on this Forum.

1 hour ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

I'm FAR from "one of the best competitors in the world", and probably have

Very Little "interesting" to say, but that didn't stop me from posting almost

8,000 times    :unsure:

And, I haven't sold anything, except for some FMJ bullets a few years ago,

on this Forum.

Jack, you have been a member here for almost 10 years to get to your post count. 

Besides, I don't think it is so much wanting to sell stuff, as it is being made to feel less than an equal to other members, just because you haven't posted much or been here for a lot of years.  I don't think we want to run off new members, do we?  Perhaps if it wasn't made so OBVIOUS with the dots, "Looks for Range" description and such... 

Anyway, I "Finally read the FAQ's"!    :bow:

1 minute ago, Steve RA said:

Says the gentleman with a 197 per month average !!!    :o

197? Man I have slacked off lately! :)

I think wanting to get 50 posts so you can sell something is the wrong reason to join a forum in the first place. I can probably count on one hand the things I have sold here since joining.

There's really only two types of BE members:

1.  Experts who are knowledgeable in at least one aspect of out sport - all they have to do is comment on other peoples' questions.

2.  Novices in at least one aspect of our sport - all they have to do is ask questions about what they don't know.

Easy to get to 1,000 or so  ....   :)