Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X Five and releasing the striker out of battery

ArrDave

On 12/19/2017 at 8:40 PM, Howa4au said:

About round number 80 through my new X5:

IMG_2426.jpg

The same thing happened to me a year or so ago and left my brass looking like this.  I thought that it was my ammo, but I'm now having second thoughts.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

xfive back from sig “repaired” after 5 weeks. Armorers notes “customer experienced ammo related blow out” They never contacted me before shipping back to notify me of thier findings. 

They replaced the springs and extractor that blew blew out the side of the gun. And  knocked the stuck case out of the chamber.

Assessment: chamber had deep scours from whatever tool they used to drive the brass out. Trigger was heavy and gritty (found the small spring that holds the striker safety lever to be bound up, I had to take everything apart and reassemble correctly) and the gun will still launch a pencil from the barrel 10ft across the room while slightly out of battery. 

They did did not charge me. Luckily.

Sent this one packing. Traded for a CZ p-09. Staying away from Sigs for a while. 

16 hours ago, Jimbo9 said:

Update:

xfive back from sig “repaired” after 5 weeks. Armorers notes “customer experienced ammo related blow out” They never contacted me before shipping back to notify me of thier findings. 

They replaced the springs and extractor that blew blew out the side of the gun. And  knocked the stuck case out of the chamber.

Assessment: chamber had deep scours from whatever tool they used to drive the brass out. Trigger was heavy and gritty (found the small spring that holds the striker safety lever to be bound up, I had to take everything apart and reassemble correctly) and the gun will still launch a pencil from the barrel 10ft across the room while slightly out of battery. 

They did did not charge me. Luckily.

Sent this one packing. Traded for a CZ p-09. Staying away from Sigs for a while. 

I did nearly the same thing, even after being a Sig fan for 30+ years, except I went with the Shadow 2. 😉

My new X5 has arrived.

Less than 100 rounds in and I got another bulge.

I have narrowed it down to a combination of my powder, specific types of brass and the unsupported chamber. If I take one of those things away it is ok.

Ideally the chamber would be supported but if I use a slower powder it is ok. Additionally if I take out any PPU, Tulammo or really old brass it is ok too. 

Or I can just shoot that ammo in any other 9mm without issues. 🤨

I don't plan on sorting my cases by head stamp so Ill use a slower powder and hope for the best.

I might sell both the x5's and give Production optics a miss.