Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Recoil System? JP SCS Gen 2 vs MBX PCC Buffer System

1 minute ago, Maxamundo said:

Here you go

IMT or FM headstamps. But maybe not 100% of IMT or FM headstamps... idk

oh, duh, "stamped."  lol.  I have yet to run across either of those.  Most of mine are Winchester or federal.  But I will certainly keep watch for them.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Hammer002 said:

Exactly!  That's why I am so appreciative of you confirming it can and should be done.  Will be on it this weekend.  Again, thanks for all the help.  It feels great knowing I have some specific directions to go in that are proven.  So much learned in just the last hour.  Looked at that Odin mag catch, and thinking that will be an addition as well, although I agree, would prefer the button in same location as used to on an AR15, but reliability is everything!

Max, you're an amazing competitor and a hell of a nice guy to be of so much help.  Will keep watching your videos as I learn more and more about moving that long barrel around pistol stages every time I watch.  Best of luck as you continue. 

Oh, and by the way.....the video about how to run backwards with a PCC = PRICELESS!  Anyone shooting PCC should learn that!

Thanks. hopefully people dont mind this thread being hijacked. at least it's pretty useful info for pcc in general

Just now, Maxamundo said:

Thanks. hopefully people dont mind this thread being hijacked. at least it's pretty useful info for pcc in general

I was just thinking the exact same thing.  VERY useful info for sure.

Thanks again, Max.

Max, you certainly seem to know your stuff and I appreciate this thread being hijacked in the manner that it has!

So to clarify something, after you essentially created a feed ramp with your dremel tool did you still have problems using the flat nosed 147's?  I know you say a round nose would be more reliable  (and now I know why) but I have several hundred 147's and I'm now somewhat hesitant to use them as I plan on shooting my ATi milspec in my very first pcc match this weekend.

9 minutes ago, MHitchcock said:

And hes faster now. Check out some of the more recent videos lol. 

**oh and pretty sure he is running round nose 115 grains right now**

Well I'll B, no wonder he knows his $hit.  

I think 3 things about that video.

1. I feel bad for some of those RO's trying to keep up.

2. I think that video is playing on 2x speed ?

3. That barrel has zero flip!!

Very awesome Max!

^^^ Just throw away (or scrap for brass value) any FM or IMT headstamps. It will make your life a lot easier. I can actually feel them in my sizing die on my dillon 650 press if one sneaks by my QC. 

Also toss anything that looks like this:
da44ccfc1475e912c7a6bd9c6297f389.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
14 minutes ago, 1911luvr said:

I notice it gives an option to customize the part. Did you use the spring according the the specs on that page, or did you customize it?

These guys I think have extremely high minimum qty orders. I just asked for free samples.

Otherwise you can buy the same springs here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0085ZOZFI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 hour ago, nickbfishn said:

Max, you certainly seem to know your stuff and I appreciate this thread being hijacked in the manner that it has!

So to clarify something, after you essentially created a feed ramp with your dremel tool did you still have problems using the flat nosed 147's?  I know you say a round nose would be more reliable  (and now I know why) but I have several hundred 147's and I'm now somewhat hesitant to use them as I plan on shooting my ATi milspec in my very first pcc match this weekend.

I didn't test them again since I was out and moved on to other bullets. I would imagine there would be no issues since the bullet profile (FP RN etc) wasn't the root issue, it was the 90 degree angle of the barrel extension.

If any of you guys have the 9mm JP SCS, you'll want the CS100-M11 to do pretty much the same thing. It did improve the SCS for me a lot. You put it under the plastic bumper at the bottom of the SCS. 

Thanks, glad I hadn't finished the request form yet!

Just now, 1911luvr said:

Thanks, glad I hadn't finished the request form yet!

You'll want the JP 85% black or 80% spring to go with it since it does pre-compress the main SCS spring a lot.

Edited by Maxamundo

You'll want the JP 85% black or 80% spring to go with it since it does pre-compress the main SCS spring a lot.

I'll call JP tomorrow and order them. I just had to replace the O rings in my SCS a couple weeks ago. One blew apart during a match a seized up the buffer.