Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
GrumpyOne

Freedom Ordnance FX-9

I have had my FX-9 8" for a little over a year now and love it. has run flawlessly with about 500 rounds through it, a mix of 115gr from various manufactures with no issue. I have changed out a lot of the cosmetics and added a rise armament ra-535 trigger along with a $1.50 of quarters in the buffer tube . currently switched sights out to holosun 510gr. great range toy that is a nail driver!

https://i.imgur.com/NPS4yp7.jpg[/img]

Posted (edited)

Have anyone else have issues with the charging handle eating the rear of the upper receiver? I have just had to send the upper back to Freedom Ordnance to have them look why the charging handle has so much play in it that when shooting it will release and kiss my nose, since I shoot nose to charging handle. I have never seen any charging handle on any AR pattern rifle/pistol this loose before. 

20200309_200214.jpg

20200309_200409.jpg

Edited by Pinger1776

On 2/27/2020 at 10:54 AM, Chefcg1 said:

I have had my FX-9 8" for a little over a year now and love it. has run flawlessly with about 500 rounds through it, a mix of 115gr from various manufactures with no issue. I have changed out a lot of the cosmetics and added a rise armament ra-535 trigger along with a $1.50 of quarters in the buffer tube . currently switched sights out to holosun 510gr. great range toy that is a nail driver!

I have the FX-9 8" also. Stock buffer. What have the quarters done for your buffer?

On 2/27/2020 at 12:54 PM, Chefcg1 said:

Same question? Does the quarters work, do they help lesson the bolts travel and aid in cycling at all. 

Posted (edited)
On 1/4/2020 at 11:17 AM, PCC_GUY said:

The FX9 uses a proprietary lower which inhibits the use of AR charging handles, bolt catches, extbsed mag releases, or safeties. The charging handle that comes with it is pretty weak sauce (just being honest). I am awaiting the shipment of the Freedom Ordinance enhanced version, but it is costly at nearly $80 with shipping - what you would expect to pay for a high end AR version. That is the only upgrade you can really get other than a grip and/or magwell.

I purchased the official Freedom Ordinance extended charging handle and was not pleased. Ended up returning it. It was slightly larger in the hands, but it didn't fit the rifle. It scrapped along the top of the buffer tube, and now I have an ugly mark along the top of the firearm. Not a huge deal, but overall it was disappointing that a company's own accessories don't fit their own rifles. 

Other than that problem, the gun has worked perfectly with 4.6 grains of W231 behind 115 rn (the same load I use in my Walther Q5). I was on this thread looking for aftermarket trigger options. Sounds like the CMC 3.5 is my best option, as I am not shelling out Hyperfire money -- unfortunately. 

Edited by Godzilla_Jones

Just purchased the FX9 4.5 Inch barrel because they were out of the other sizes. Is there any way to upgrade the barrel to the 8 inch?