Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody Use A Safariland 560 With Belt Attachment?

Beta

I'm going to be starting IDPA with a couple friends (also newbies at IDPA) and was wondering if anybody has experience with the Safariland 560 with belt attachment?

I have an Uncle Mikes belt, 1 1/2 inch and one of their Kydex holsters now, but I doubt that holster is legal from what I've gathered.

Any insights would be most helpful! :)

BTW, I'll be shooting my S&W 1911Sc (Slightly Modded)

1911Sc_May.jpg

I have one that I have carried a G17 in for about 4 years. No problems, quick to draw once it's broke in. Mine is pretty worn, but got carried every day during those 4 years. I also have a Wilson Adjuster (same holster) that I have carried a SV in for about 7 years.

I broke down about 3 months ago and went with kydex for both the SVI and the Glock.

HTH,

Corky

I have one that I have carried a G17 in for about 4 years. No problems, quick to draw once it's broke in. Mine is pretty worn, but got carried every day during those 4 years. I also have a Wilson Adjuster (same holster) that I have carried a SV in for about 7 years.

I broke down about 3 months ago and went with kydex for both the SVI and the Glock.

HTH,

Corky

Just curious, why'd you go with kydex? Faster draw or what?

Thanks for the reply btw!

Welcome to the Forum!

I have three SL 560s, one each for my 1911s, CZ-75s and S&W 686s.

I replaced my Uncle Mike's with the SL 560 when the rules changed and Uncle Mike's became "Verboten".

My draws with the 560 were about 0.10 seconds FASTER then with the Uncle Mike's it replaced, go figure. Although it is faster then the Uncle Mike's [for me anyway] it is not as secure (again for me), so keep that in mind.

You might still be able to get them at BRIANENOS.COM, for about $70.00 I think, or at Wilson Combat for $110-$120 with a slightly different name.

Remember, just because the SL560 (belt slide model) may be legal for everyone you know or meet, it may not be legal for you. Welcome to the world of IDPA.

I like your S&W1911SC, I almost bought one yesterday, but ended up with a S&W Model 29 3" instead. Kicks a bit.:)

Respectfully,

jkelly

I love the 560 with belt attachment instead of the paddle version. I modified the belt attachment to accomidate a Wilderness belt which is slightly wider than the 1.5" as advertised.

The suede lining won't mar a blued or baked finish like kydex will if that matters to you. Does to me on a blued 1911. Could care less on a Glock or stainless gun. Once adjusted properly there is hardly any difference in draw speed IMO.

I traded my 560 for an Alessi DOJ. I love that holster. I use a 583 for the Glock in SSP though.

Mark

Welcome to the Forum!

I have three SL 560s, one each for my 1911s, CZ-75s and S&W 686s.

I replaced my Uncle Mike's with the SL 560 when the rules changed and Uncle Mike's became "Verboten".

My draws with the 560 were about 0.10 seconds FASTER then with the Uncle Mike's it replaced, go figure.  Although it is faster then the Uncle Mike's [for me anyway] it is not as secure (again for me), so keep that in mind.

You might still be able to get them at BRIANENOS.COM, for about $70.00 I think, or at Wilson Combat for $110-$120 with a slightly different name.

Remember, just because the SL560 (belt slide model) may be legal for everyone you know or meet, it may not be legal for you.  Welcome to the world of IDPA.

I like your S&W1911SC, I almost bought one yesterday, but ended up with a S&W Model 29 3" instead.  Kicks a bit.:)

Respectfully,

jkelly

Thanks for the greet, great to find this place!

I happen to werk at a place that carries these so I can get one no worries. But like you say - is it legal!? Oh well, I'm going to get one and try it at the match...

PS - Great choice in the 29 (the 1911sc from S&W are great fun btw!) haha I bet it does kick a bit. :)