Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger recommendations

What trigger is everybody using in their Pcc gun?

im currently using a mil spec trigger with kaw valley springs and and adjustable grip screw.

i was looking at the hipertouch 24c to replace my mil spec trigger, Any recommendations?

thanks

HiperFire is a good trigger and solid for PPC in my experience......but if you want the best one......go with the STD JP Trigger, follow the instructions and you will have a crisper, lighter, faster resetting trigger than the HiperFire could ever hope to be. In fact, I can not think of any trigger out there that has the least amount of take up or over travel or reset than a JP

On the other hand.....if you are on a budget and remember, this is PCC, not a match rifle for 3 gun......the HiperFire EDC is a VERY solid trigger to install for  $89.00 or less

Tim

Hello: JP, Jard, Hiperfire have all worked in my PCC's. The lightest is the Jard then JP and lastly the Hiperfire 24C. The one that has been 100% has been the Hiperfire 24C. Both the JP and Jard had some hammer follows but not going full auto follows. More like bang, oh shit, rack and then it goes bang. This happened maybe twice in one match but that is too much. Thanks, Eric

On the other hand.....if you are on a budget and remember, this is PCC, not a match rifle for 3 gun......the HiperFire EDC is a VERY solid trigger to install for  $89.00 or less

Tim

Hands down the best sub $100 trigger I've ever felt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I installed a Hiperfire 24C in my Stag PCC... used the middle pull weight springs.. the trigger is 3-1/2 lbs with NO CREEP.. then I installed some anti walk pins... the trigger still is 3-1/2 lbs and no CREEP... I highly recommend the Hiperfire 24C trigger..

I have a Hiperfire 24C in my AR-9 PCC.   I have it equipped with the lightest springs and with the pad set at the lowest indent.  This resulted in a 2# 3 oz. trigger pull at installation.  

I prefer it over my standard JP in one of my AR-15's. 

Edited by XD Niner

I have a 24C in mine right now.  From time to time I am getting hammer follow thru when the rifle cycles.  Rifle chambers and goes into battery but the trigger is not reset.  This is causing me to have to rack the bolt losing a round.  Any ideas to what can be causing this? Only happens once every 30-40 rounds but just cant reproduce it or find the fix

2 hours ago, Gary H. said:

I'm going to start building a PCC soon and I have a 3G trigger here. Would that work decently?

The Hiperfire 243G is what I use.  I wanted the curved trigger bow.  According to them, that's the only difference.

I have a 24C in mine right now.  From time to time I am getting hammer follow thru when the rifle cycles.  Rifle chambers and goes into battery but the trigger is not reset.  This is causing me to have to rack the bolt losing a round.  Any ideas to what can be causing this? Only happens once every 30-40 rounds but just cant reproduce it or find the fix

I've had it happen twice shooting 115gr loads. Both times I was double tapping as fast as I could. I was able to duplicate my problem later and discovered I was pulling the trigger before the bolt fully cycled. If you shoot 147's you might see it more due to the slower cycling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friend was having this trouble as well.  Very intermittent.  Couldn't pinpoint it until the trigger finally locked up a few days back.  We took it apart and discovered there was a primer floating around in the trigger group.  Incidentally, when he contacted Hiperfire regarding the issue it was among the first questions they asked.

On 6/15/2017 at 11:12 AM, MRBACKHAND said:

What trigger is everybody using in their Pcc gun?

im currently using a mil spec trigger with kaw valley springs and and adjustable grip screw.

i was looking at the hipertouch 24c to replace my mil spec trigger, Any recommendations?

thanks

Hi there, there are several pages of discussion for this topic already:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback. I decided to go with the jp trigger ,found it for $170 shipped .

Tactical shit has a 4th of July sale of 17.76% off .

use the code FREEDOMTITS

For your discount.

Edited by MRBACKHAND

https://www.deltateamtactical.com/Ar-15M4-3-lb-Drop-In-Ultra-Match-Skeletonized-Performance-Trigger-System--Crimson-Red-_p_5180.html

i bought this because a buddy had one and was telling me how good it performed for him. I am amazed by this trigger! Mine actually pulls crisply at 2.75lbs and does everything right. I think I'm going to get one for each AR I own! They also have the same system with a curved trigger as well.

39 minutes ago, nickbfishn said:

https://www.deltateamtactical.com/Ar-15M4-3-lb-Drop-In-Ultra-Match-Skeletonized-Performance-Trigger-System--Crimson-Red-_p_5180.html

i bought this because a buddy had one and was telling me how good it performed for him. I am amazed by this trigger! Mine actually pulls crisply at 2.75lbs and does everything right. I think I'm going to get one for each AR I own! They also have the same system with a curved trigger as well.

will this trigger work in a PCC?

On 6/17/2017 at 1:10 PM, NOMADSS said:

What buffer set up are you using? My mbx buffer will not go back far enough sometimes to reset my trigger.  I can reproduce my trouble if I pull the bolt back slowly the mbx hits the back of the tube and then I need to pull 1/2"more to hear the click of the reset.  I fixed this by changing the internal spring to a softer spring.  This has all but eliminated the reset prob.