Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You know you're a Super Senior when....

GrumpyOne

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just posted this on another forum regarding "becoming more experienced".  Will share it here:

You know you are a Super Senior when your co-shooters . . . . 

1. Act as though even the slightest exposure to lead from shooting, handling ammunition, or reloading is akin to dealing with a nuclear reactor meltdown
2. Refer to a lot of your equipment and gear as "old school"
3. Are in awe of the "terrible" recoil generated by the .40 S&W cartridge
4. Talk about "shooting shoes"
5. Have no idea who Jeff Cooper, Elmer Keith, Skeeter Skelton, or Bill Jordan were
6. Refer to bullets as "bullet heads" and cartridges as "bullets"
7. Are likely younger than some of the hand loaded .45 ACP ammunition in my gun room
8. Think I'm bullshitting them when I tell them practical shooting matches used to be called "combat matches", were timed with a stop watch, and stages of fire started with a whistle
9. Don't remember ever using ear protection that was not electronically enhanced

4 hours ago, 45 Raven said:

You know you are a Super Senior when your co-shooters . . . . 

Don't remember ever using ear protection that was not electronically enhanced

Hell, I remember shooting with NO ear protection (9mm indoors and Garand outdoors).

But, then I stepped up to cotton in my ears.  Still couldn't hear anything for 3 days after shooting.

Then, I didn't need ear protection anymore, since I was deaf    :(     ?

2 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Hell, I remember shooting with NO ear protection (9mm indoors and Garand outdoors).

But, then I stepped up to cotton in my ears.  Still couldn't hear anything for 3 days after shooting.

Then, I didn't need ear protection anymore, since I was deaf    :(     ?

Might have you beat on this one. When I was in the Reserves in Ireland a lifetime ago we frequently shot Bren guns in full auto with no eye or ear protection! LeEnfields and FAL (bolt and semi recp.) was also very popular. Heck, we also did mortar training with the army and no one had any protection! Well the enlisted guys might have have a few condoms....but we were young and dumb and play the game! We'd be yelling at each other because of the ringing in our ear after getting off the range.....but it sure was fun! Yes, I now wear hearing aids, glasses and a fancy electronic headset.

When you re-holster your pistol and the combination of the weight and the push getting it into the holster cause your belt to slip below your spare tire and the whole rig falls to the ground taking your pants with it. ?

Edited by Dranoel