Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Fasthenk65

Does PD stuff fit small frame Tanfo's?

Recommended Posts

Here in Europe we only have the small frame Tanfo's for 9mm.

 

Do all the PD parts (e.g. the Bolo) also fit the small frames????

 

Tnxs!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I installed the Bolo, hammer spring, fp spring, with awesome results.

 

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IIRC, the only parts that don't fit small frames are the grips and the extended firing pin. I have the bolos in my two small frame s2s and will prolly put two more on my small frame s3s.

You will need to do some fitting on the bolos, particularly how they interact with the trigger bars. I'll see if I can find the pic I took of two different small frame trigger bars. One works, the other doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MuddAndStuff said:

And here in the States we are dying for some small frame Tanfos lol.

We are?

 

Thats called a CZ and they're available everywhere.

 

I don't know about anyone else, but I be shooting a CZ instead of a Tanfo if the gun wasn't built for tiny little hands.

 

Which brand I chose didn't particularly matter to me - the two guns are nearly identical twins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL

 

"Tiny Little Hands"

 

I nearly spit out my sunday evening drink on the keyboard!!  Funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

We are?

 

Thats called a CZ and they're available everywhere.

 

I don't know about anyone else, but I be shooting a CZ instead of a Tanfo if the gun wasn't built for tiny little hands.

 

Which brand I chose didn't particularly matter to me - the two guns are nearly identical twins.

 

No, it's just you.

 

When tuned, gun for gun, Tanfo platform is better. The problem is, CZ nut-huggers are too p**** whipped to realize it. 

 

Actually I will say, you are right about the hand size aspect of it. There a lot of man-girls using CZ because of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We are?
 
Thats called a CZ and they're available everywhere.
 
I don't know about anyone else, but I be shooting a CZ instead of a Tanfo if the gun wasn't built for tiny little hands.
 
Which brand I chose didn't particularly matter to me - the two guns are nearly identical twins.


Lols, not quite. There are small frames in the US. I've shot both, they're different like a roush is different from a Callaway, even if they have the same donor body.

The smoother cz trigger from no firing pin block is offset by, for me at least, better ergonomics of the tanfo. But potato/potatoe, at least I don't have to worry about trigger return springs and slide stops randomly breaking on a tanfo. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

We are?

 

Thats called a CZ and they're available everywhere.

 

I don't know about anyone else, but I be shooting a CZ instead of a Tanfo if the gun wasn't built for tiny little hands.

 

Which brand I chose didn't particularly matter to me - the two guns are nearly identical twins.

 

A small frame tanfo has the same grip size as a large frame tanfo. The difference is the mags it uses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ck867 said:

 

A small frame tanfo has the same grip size as a large frame tanfo. The difference is the mags it uses.

Incorrect......... Other wise i wouldn't have just spent a week of my life modeling up Palm Swell small frame grips. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, PatriotDefense said:

Incorrect......... Other wise i wouldn't have just spent a week of my life modeling up Palm Swell small frame grips. 

 

Let me clarify that I am referring to the actual feel of the frame and not the grip options. Grip panels are not interchangeable. Some people are under the impression that small frame tanfos feel small in the hands like a cz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ck867 said:

Some people are under the impression that small frame tanfos feel small in the hands like a cz.

 

I was.

 

Eapecially since the small frame guns can wear some CZ grips with a few modifications. I thought the small frame was physically smaller, and the gun felt like a CZ in the hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MemphisMechanic said:

 

I was.

 

Eapecially since the small frame guns can wear some CZ grips with a few modifications. I thought the small frame was physically smaller, and the gun felt like a CZ in the hand.

 

Our local club has several guys that have them. I have shot them and they certainly do not feel small in the hands like a CZ. You probably would not be able to tell a difference by just looking at them side by side at a glance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ck867 said:

 

Our local club has several guys that have them. I have shot them and they certainly do not feel small in the hands like a CZ. You probably would not be able to tell a difference by just looking at them side by side at a glance.

This is true, i can put some numbers out this afternoon on frame dimensions of the two. Probably the only difference would be the large frames seem to have a raised front and rear back strap that have the checkering cut into them, where as the small frame (at least the one we have) has the checkering cut into the frame. So maybe 1/16th of an inch front and back difference..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small frames also share mags with CZ which is nice for people that like both CZ and Tanfo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So except extended firing pin and grips all PD parts can be used in small frame Tanfo's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Fasthenk65 said:

So except extended firing pin and grips all PD parts can be used in small frame Tanfo's?

 

I know the bolo can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Thanks, most important

 

Also, there's no set in stone fact regarding fitment. As in, I've had bolos drop right in small frames, and needed to extensively fit large frames. So a bolo will work in either frame size, just of it needs fitting is independent of the actual frame tolerances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm planning on getting a Baby Eagle / Jericho and seeing what PD parts I can make fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CarlB86 said:

I'm planning on getting a Baby Eagle / Jericho and seeing what PD parts I can make fit.

 

 

You can "make" lots fit with effort, grinding or welding.  The hot set up used to be the T3 disconnector and it took a lot of fitting.  A LOT.

 

Be sure to photograph your efforts.  Always fun to see how this stuff turns out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...