Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does PD stuff fit small frame Tanfo's?

IIRC, the only parts that don't fit small frames are the grips and the extended firing pin. I have the bolos in my two small frame s2s and will prolly put two more on my small frame s3s.

You will need to do some fitting on the bolos, particularly how they interact with the trigger bars. I'll see if I can find the pic I took of two different small frame trigger bars. One works, the other doesn't.

6 hours ago, MuddAndStuff said:

And here in the States we are dying for some small frame Tanfos lol.

We are?

Thats called a CZ and they're available everywhere.

I don't know about anyone else, but I be shooting a CZ instead of a Tanfo if the gun wasn't built for tiny little hands.

Which brand I chose didn't particularly matter to me - the two guns are nearly identical twins.

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

We are?

I don't know about anyone else, but I be shooting a CZ instead of a Tanfo if the gun wasn't built for tiny little hands.

Which brand I chose didn't particularly matter to me - the two guns are nearly identical twins.

No, it's just you.

When tuned, gun for gun, Tanfo platform is better. The problem is, CZ nut-huggers are too p**** whipped to realize it. 

Actually I will say, you are right about the hand size aspect of it. There a lot of man-girls using CZ because of that. 

We are?

Lols, not quite. There are small frames in the US. I've shot both, they're different like a roush is different from a Callaway, even if they have the same donor body.

The smoother cz trigger from no firing pin block is offset by, for me at least, better ergonomics of the tanfo. But potato/potatoe, at least I don't have to worry about trigger return springs and slide stops randomly breaking on a tanfo. ;)

13 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

We are?

A small frame tanfo has the same grip size as a large frame tanfo. The difference is the mags it uses.

21 minutes ago, Ck867 said:

A small frame tanfo has the same grip size as a large frame tanfo. The difference is the mags it uses.

Incorrect......... Other wise i wouldn't have just spent a week of my life modeling up Palm Swell small frame grips. 

14 minutes ago, PatriotDefense said:

Incorrect......... Other wise i wouldn't have just spent a week of my life modeling up Palm Swell small frame grips. 

Let me clarify that I am referring to the actual feel of the frame and not the grip options. Grip panels are not interchangeable. Some people are under the impression that small frame tanfos feel small in the hands like a cz.

11 minutes ago, Ck867 said:

Some people are under the impression that small frame tanfos feel small in the hands like a cz.

I was.

Eapecially since the small frame guns can wear some CZ grips with a few modifications. I thought the small frame was physically smaller, and the gun felt like a CZ in the hand.

1 minute ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I was.

Eapecially since the small frame guns can wear some CZ grips with a few modifications. I thought the small frame was physically smaller, and the gun felt like a CZ in the hand.

Our local club has several guys that have them. I have shot them and they certainly do not feel small in the hands like a CZ. You probably would not be able to tell a difference by just looking at them side by side at a glance.

3 minutes ago, Ck867 said:

Our local club has several guys that have them. I have shot them and they certainly do not feel small in the hands like a CZ. You probably would not be able to tell a difference by just looking at them side by side at a glance.

This is true, i can put some numbers out this afternoon on frame dimensions of the two. Probably the only difference would be the large frames seem to have a raised front and rear back strap that have the checkering cut into them, where as the small frame (at least the one we have) has the checkering cut into the frame. So maybe 1/16th of an inch front and back difference..

53 minutes ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Thanks, most important

Also, there's no set in stone fact regarding fitment. As in, I've had bolos drop right in small frames, and needed to extensively fit large frames. So a bolo will work in either frame size, just of it needs fitting is independent of the actual frame tolerances. 

2 hours ago, CarlB86 said:

I'm planning on getting a Baby Eagle / Jericho and seeing what PD parts I can make fit.

You can "make" lots fit with effort, grinding or welding.  The hot set up used to be the T3 disconnector and it took a lot of fitting.  A LOT.

Be sure to photograph your efforts.  Always fun to see how this stuff turns out!