Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for a minor 155g .45 ACP Load in the 140 PF range

himurax13

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has a recipe for a Bear Creek155g SWC .45 ACP Load. I will be utilizing my Tanfoglio Match Elite in ESP for IDPA. Does anyone have any pet loads fitting this description? I have 700x, Titegroup, Australian Clays, CSB-1, Win 231, and WST to work with.

I use Alliant e3.  4.2gr under a 155 makes 144PF.  The same amount of old Clays should do the same, but start a little lower and work up.  Titegroup sucks.  231 has more recoil than necessary.  WST is great, but you use more of it.  I used to use 4.9gr WST, but that only made 129PF

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Is that an accurate load? 

Sounds like a bunny fart in a 1911   :) 

Yes, quite accurate.  Even more so with the Penn Bullets 152gr SWCBB bullet.  It is a bunny fart load.  It is the equivalent of a 9mm 147 factory round in a 1911, but without the bark.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from the range. Loaded a 180gr PC Bullet over 3.7 - 3.9gr of Aussie Clays. Chrono'd 60 rounds an was at an average of 839 for a PF of 151.

This was straight from the press and not measured for powder accuracy. Just a general drop in the above range. That would explain the 129 spread.

Also ran a 10lb spring in my RIA. The loads felt good a were pretty accurate for 16 yards. Didn't need to adjust my rear sight at all.

I think I can drop the charge a little more and be right where I need to be. That might need the rear sight adjusted a little.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk