Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Back side of optic dirt. Early unlocking?

ShortBus

Noticed the back of my actual optic and the glass on the backside is getting pretty dirty with soot/carbon. Is this normal? 

2011 platform 

cheely mount

DPP optic. 

Thinking of of switching to the Everglades mount to help get it back more, should I be worried about a early unlocking?

2 hours ago, Sarge said:

The back of my RTS2 is completely coated in soot

Good  to hear. Im hoping it's just from slow powder, maybe a little still lingering when it unlocks. Using HS6

It really depends on the powder.  I've noticed that some of the more expensive powders (VVs for example) leave minimal residue at any one location while cheaper powders leave a mess everywhere. 

2011 with CK mount (RTS2). yep underside of the rear of the mount and the back part of the optic base are BLACK. top of the slide there gets black too.

it's not a timing problem. gas comes out there during ejection. :)

9 hours ago, DrLove said:

It really depends on the powder.  I've noticed that some of the more expensive powders (VVs for example) leave minimal residue at any one location while cheaper powders leave a mess everywhere. 

Sir, I would never feed such a fine machine cheap powder! I have spared no expense! At $20 a pound HS6 is a king among men! 

Lol it it is pretty cheap and dirty.