Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I think that anyone who shoots a lot(especially in competition) is going to have issues that require you to clear the chamber at times.  The hole being there and if the bullet or casing goes in it will end your match.  The time it takes to clear is a game killer.  So from my perspective (I shoot USPSA PCC class) I want to eliminate anything that degrades or can degrade reliability and filling the hole has given this too me.  If I get a failure to feed or whatever at least it doesn't end my match this way.  Just my personal experience.  The GMR is about as close to perfect as you can get an AR 9mm and this just makes it that much more reliable.

I agree with you for the most part.  When PCC first started, there was plenty of room for error.  As more GM, M and A shooters take it up, it has become a lot like Open class, where there is little margin for error.  One Jam and your stage is toast (and likely any chances at you division).  

Without the hole in the frame, you would still likely have to pull the mag, lock back the bolt, and gyrate the gun to get the offending item to fall out.  Not terribly different that what you  have to do to get the offending item out with the hole (twisting gyrations while holding the muzzle downward, so that gravity can help the offender fall out).  Knowing that the hole exists, and how you need to twist to make it fall out, is half of the problem, but I am sure that it is easier to clear a jam without the hole, than with.

Meh the back and forth is unecessary. Yes the mag malfunction was what caused my issue due improperly seating the mag on my part. However 10Cup is correct the time to clear the malfunction was exacerbated by the added issue the hole created so why not fix it. 

4 minutes ago, 10cup said:

Do you even own a GMR?  

Lol, yes!   

I have well over 1,000 rounds through it without a single malfunction of any type.  

That is despite my constant fiddling with the buffer weights, springs and  bumpers.  

Oh yea, I took apart the trigger and messed with that too.