Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Hammbone

22lr conversion on Stock II?

I have a 22lr conversion for my Witness Elite Match large frame. 

I'm looking at selling the Match and getting set up with a Stock II and some goody parts from Patriot Defense.

Can anyone tell me if the 22lr conversion will work on the Stock2? It won't be a deal breaker, I just need to know if I should keep it or sell it.

Also, will Match magazines work in the Stock2? 

As long as you get a large frame Stock II it will work, if you wind up with a small frame I have a 22 conversion for you.  The slide will extend 1/4" past the dust cover, so it won't look perfect, but it will function provided you have a heavy enough hammer spring to make it run.  If you tune your Stock II for a super light DA it won't set off 22.

12 minutes ago, kneelingatlas said:

...it will function provided you have a heavy enough hammer spring to make it run.  If you tune your Stock II for a super light DA it won't set off 22.

Ah hah, great point. I'll keep that in mind. 

And yes, I believe the Stock2 in question is a large frame.

And it will for sure need a "manly" hammer spring to set off most brands of 22lr.    EG medium or stronger.  You may be lucky with lighter springs and some brands of ammo,  but the stuff i use needs a stout whack.