Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Baxter Is Gone

Patrick Sweeney

10 yrs ago I was one of the people who thought "It's only a dog get over it". Then my current wife totally ruined me and I'm now a confirmed dog lover. When my first dog, Mr. Butch, died I was totally devastated. It really floored me that I was affected so much.

You have my deepest sympathy for your loss. Just remember, there will be no replacement for your friend but, there is another little fella out there who will be very happy to accept your love and give theirs unconditionally in return.

I cried like a baby when my dog Cleatus died after being hit by a car. It was such a shock because he ran back home and immediately when into his kennel. I took him to the vet thinking he would be hobbling around the house in a leg cast for a while. I thought, "Hey, if he can make it home and into his kennel, it can't be that bad, right?" By the time we got to the vet he was having trouble breathing and the vet said there was nothing we could do. I never thought I would cry like that because, he was more my wife's dog than mine.

My deepest sympathies, Patrick.