Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practical Shotgun / Rifles Rules

Edmond

Hello, starting to get interest for practical shotgun & rifle shooting, shooters talking more and more about it here and I learned there will be european competitions. thanks in advance to let me know where I can find the rules and answers to questions about compensators , sights etc...

Edmond

The 2002 IPSC rules can be downloaded from the IPSC website http://www.ipsc.org or from the UKPSA website http://www.ukpsa.co.uk .  The 2003 rules will be posted to both these sites soon.  There is a downloadable file on the UKPSA site which highlights the changes to the SG rules for 2003 but there have been a couple of minor amendments to this document.  The definitive 2003 document will be the one that appears on the IPSC site.

There were 4 Level III SG matches in Europe this year (UK, Russia, Hungary and Italy) that I am aware of and I believe that there will be more next year including the Level IV Europeans in Italy (starting 26 August).

Providing you are a member of IPSC you should be eligible to apply to shoot at Level III matches.  Keep an eye on the IPSC website - all approved matches will appear on the competition calendar.

For specific questions you could post the query within these forum pages under the "IPSC & IDPA Rules Questions" section and of course you can email IPSC direct, please refer to the IPSC website.

Thank you, it will be perfect with 2003 rules , other questions about equipment will probably have an answer here. I was a rifle shooter and shot handguns for fun, I now shoot revolver for fun and competition in IPSC and I would like to shoot rifle or shotgun since there is no back problem like with the ISSF positions, should be lots of fun. BTW, don't hesitate if you need any info from France , even OT .

Regards,

In reply to "Limited40" - You will find that there are a number of differences bewteen the IPSC rule book and the USPSA rule book, some subtle and some not so subtle.  Significantly the IPSC Shotgun rule book has been written specifically for SG and is not just a bolt on.  Hopefully this better deals with some of the anomalies and really focuses on SG as a stand alone discipline.

IPSC have previously been slow to address SG and Rifle rules and as a consequence various Regions have been forced to do their own thing.  The USPSA, the UKPSA and the FITDS (Italy) for example have all been running with their own rules until now.

As stated elsewhere in another Topic the 2003 European Championships will be run in accordance with the 2003 IPSC SG rules.

Over the next few months there is to be a concerted effort within IPSC to produce common rules that should be acceptable to all.  There will of course need to be some compromises and it's impossible to please all the people all the time but on the other hand I truly believe the differences are quite small because the problems are the same and the desire to shoot is the same.

Whilst reading through rule books ranks up there with watching paint dry it really would help if some active SG shooters in the US could find some time to go through the new IPSC rules.  All feedback will be useful to help mould the SG rules for 2004.

It will be useful to discover the stuff you like as well as dislike and for me one of the big attractions of the BE Forums was to be able to listen to what is being said by the shooters.

""It will be useful to discover the stuff you like as well as dislike and for me one of the big attractions of the BE Forums was to be able to listen to what is being said by the shooters"" BE forum is the first one I read and browse more than I write, it is really full of informations especially for me new to IPSC if not to shooting especially rifles and NFA toys. Thanks again.