Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
grantwoodok

New Atlas Open 2011

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, touji said:

I was definitely planning on cleaning every mag after each stage, but I forgot my mag brush in Virginia and I was too shy to ask some of the other shooters if I could use their mag brush. Broke down after the stoppage and finally asked :P Definitely going to be one of the first things I check to make sure it's in my range bag! 

 

Good move. I once saw a man beaten to death by his squad with two DVCs and a 9mm Titan for daring to ask to borrow a mag brush. This sport is rough! ... So take no chances.

 

(This would be my sarcastic way of pointing out how preposterous this is. Ask the squad and you’ll have more brushes than ya know what to do with!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

 

Good move. I once saw a man beaten to death by his squad with two DVCs and a 9mm Titan for daring to ask to borrow a mag brush. This sport is rough! ... So take no chances.

 

(This would be my sarcastic way of pointing out how preposterous this is. Ask the squad and you’ll have more brushes than ya know what to do with!)

 

Only one guy had a brush on our squad and there was a string of brush thefts across the bays. It was like the wild west out there! It was definitely silly to not ask to borrow a brush intermittently but I was honestly surprised my mags lasted as long as they did in those sandy bays.

Edited by touji

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

 

Good move. I once saw a man beaten to death by his squad with two DVCs and a 9mm Titan for daring to ask to borrow a mag brush. This sport is rough! ... So take no chances.

 

(This would be my sarcastic way of pointing out how preposterous this is. Ask the squad and you’ll have more brushes than ya know what to do with!)

 

LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, touji said:

I was definitely planning on cleaning every mag after each stage,

 

Call me lazy, but I never do it, and I have never experienced any stoppage due to dirt.  I disassemble and clean the mags maybe once in a couple of months, and I drop them all the time.   What I usually find inside is just carbon deposit... never much of it either.

Edited by Foxbat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Foxbat said:

 

Call me lazy, but I never do it, and I have never experienced any stoppage due to dirt.  I disassemble and clean the mags maybe once in a couple of months, and I drop them all the time.   What I usually find inside is just carbon deposit... never much of it either.

 

This is HIGHLY dependent on what type of dirt/sand/grit you’re dropping your mags into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't cleaned my mags in the past 3 months since I've started shooting open as I usually just shoot in gravel bays or hard packed dirt. Area 5, as you'll see in this video (not me by the way), the bay's were almost sand like. When you drop a mag, it gets sucked right into the mags.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@touji myocal bays used to be soil and mowed grass. I never cared.

 

Now we have gravel in most of our bays, and that also means the fine dust from the stones getting ground against each other. It gets into the mags when they’re dropped. You can hear the crunnnnnch sound if you push the follower down with a finger.

 

One decent size grain of sand riding halfway into the chamber on a piece of brass, or the follower sticking, and even a Glock won’t keep running.

 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I'm really glad I picked up a mag brush as I should have done so way earlier in my shooting. Most my local matches though, like you, generally don't affect my mags too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

 

This is HIGHLY dependent on what type of dirt/sand/grit you’re dropping your mags into.

 

All kinds of surfaces, the only exception being a mag dropped head-first into liquid mud would get cleaning.  Other that that I don't sweat it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:46 AM, touji said:

I was definitely planning on cleaning every mag after each stage, but I forgot my mag brush in Virginia and I was too shy to ask some of the other shooters if I could use their mag brush. Broke down after the stoppage and finally asked :P Definitely going to be one of the first things I check to make sure it's in my range bag! 

Damn it must be mean out on the streets!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes I make presentations using templates, but at the moment nothing comes to my mind and I'm looking for an idea for a presentation. I would like to use original graphics tools, I could find only templates in the form of a fish bone https://poweredtemplate.com/fishbone-diagrams-25528/. Tell you it would be interesting to watch a presentation where these templates will be used? I think they are quite original.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ginalina said:

Sometimes I make presentations using templates, but at the moment nothing comes to my mind and I'm looking for an idea for a presentation. I would like to use original graphics tools, I could find only templates in the form of a fish bone https://poweredtemplate.com/fishbone-diagrams-25528/. Tell you it would be interesting to watch a presentation where these templates will be used? I think they are quite original.

 

Spam?! 

 

Go away ISIS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2018 at 7:29 AM, falconpilot said:

Finally here!! Worked it on a plate a little bit this evening with loads for my soon to be sold other open gun...dot never left the scope! I'm very excited and impressed!

 

 

IMG_3530.JPG


Is that the Short or X-Short vario trigger?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BenAlpha said:


Is that the Short or X-Short vario trigger?

 

That is the Extra Short - I have a 'short'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooooo...... love all the posts.  Would you guys say the Atlas shoots differently than your prior Open guns and if so how?  Inquiring minds want to know.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×