Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Atlas Open 2011

grantwoodok

lacivilian, yes it was on transitions and yes the weight difference was the reason. I shot the Atlas for about 3 months and just decided I was already ahead with the older gun so stick with what works best for me. Yes in time I may have been able to get there but if I spent the same amount of effort with the gun I was already shooting I figured I would be still further ahead. If I had never used a lighter gun I would not have known the difference. Open is very subjective it is personal to each shooter I know others who love the heavier guns.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any of you guys running Sil. in your Chaos? I must have a really fast barrel as Adam recommends 7.6-7.9 grs..that makes about 180pf in my gun..7.2 runs 1375 or so with 124 MG...I started with 7.2 Autocomp at about 1400 making 173pf or so..loved the dot lift and pulse of this load...not really sure about the Sil....main thing is it's the dirtiest crap I've ever run!

15 hours ago, falconpilot said:

Any of you guys running Sil. in your Chaos? I must have a really fast barrel as Adam recommends 7.6-7.9 grs..that makes about 180pf in my gun..7.2 runs 1375 or so with 124 MG...I started with 7.2 Autocomp at about 1400 making 173pf or so..loved the dot lift and pulse of this load...not really sure about the Sil....main thing is it's the dirtiest crap I've ever run!

I run Silhouette in my Chaos 

7.6gr with 124gr PD JHP at 1.169 

Makes 170pf

I’m running things a little different...
I tried sill and CFE with 124s... all ok

HS6 seems to be a tiny bit harsher but the dot never travels more than half way up the glass.
I prefer HS6.

Recently tried 115s and I’m really liking them.
Again, it hits a tiny bit harder in the hand, comparing 170pf 124s to 170pf with 115s, but the dot returns even faster to point of origin and I can call my shots better.
Going to stick to 115s for the rest of the year.

On a side note... I called Adam and sent in my gun for trigger and mag upgrades about 2 weeks ago and mentioned I use HS6. He said it’s fine, a bit dirty, and that he might be switching to hs6 soon as his training partner wants to make the switch and they do large bulk orders and use the same press.

On 4/14/2018 at 3:56 PM, falconpilot said:

Funny you say that. I found WAC dirtier than SIL. 

9 hours ago, SeattleDude said:

I run Silhouette in my Chaos 

7.6gr with 124gr PD JHP at 1.169 

Makes 170pf

I use the exact same recipe. It's great.

Yea I run 7.1 a.c. just enough crimp to remove the bell, 124pd, cci 500, and loaded long for 170pf 

How are the CCI 500 primers? I’ve been using mostly Federal Small Rifle with a Dawson extended firing pin with great results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

only issue i have is when i dont fully seat them (more focused on not spilling powder than seating fully lol) i am hoping and praying for the day when federal spp come back in stock. 

So I have been running Silhouette in my Chaos 

7.6gr with 124gr PD JHP at 1.169 for about 171pf

One complain is I get gun full of what looks like yellow specs, like sand look. Everywhere, Just nasty. 

Is it worth trying CFE Pistol, or HS-6 ?

18 hours ago, SeattleDude said:

One complain is I get gun full of what looks like yellow specs, like sand look. Everywhere, Just nasty. 

This...the yellow specs are everywhere after just a few rounds..I'm going back to Autocomp though it does appear that I have a fast barrel as 7.0 AC with 124MG is giving me 1390fps average..

Edited by falconpilot

1 hour ago, falconpilot said:

This...the yellow specs are everywhere after just a few rounds..I'm going back to Autocomp though it does appear that I have a fast barrel as 7.0 AC with 124MG is giving me 1390fps average..

That's normal speed. I run 7.1 and load to 1.165-1.169 with mixed brass and 7.0 at 1.169 with starline (Starline is faster for whatever reason)  

The yellow specs are incomplete burn powder. Yet another reason to stay with wac lol

On 4/19/2018 at 1:48 PM, SeattleDude said:

Yellow specs is just normal Silhouette behavior. Think of it as gold dust?

New Chaos arrived last night...beyond excited. Initial impressions: damn nice!!....fit and finish are excellent, slide tight and smooth as silk...got the short blue trigger..seems crisp.

Side note ...The Leupold Delta Point Point Pro on my old Trubor is definitely not working properly...it's a pain to remove this and return for repair......excellent timing I guess.

It;s a sad state when you have test ammo loaded months before your pistol arrives....lol.....

So for anyone who has not held one yet, here's a quick summary of my friend's thoughts.

He has two or three pistols built from a local smith that are absolutely gorgeous, great fit and finish, and they run flawlessly.  I was going to get one from him, but the smith stopped building.  After I eventually settled on the Chaos, my friend was handling it and was instantly sold.   He said the fit and finish is a work of art, the trigger is perfect, and it obviously shoots beautifully.  He's currently selling some other things to make room for a Chaos. 

Going up against several Open GM's and M's this weekend at a local 8-stage match, so we shall see how the gun and I hold up!  Gunning for a match win, but I'm still fairly new to the open game.