Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport holster

pointerman1967

Can anyone provide guidance on a good comp holster for a CZ Tacsport 40?  I reached out to Double Alpha (what I usually buy) and they don't have one for this pistol.  I am looking for a standard holster, not a race rig and to add to the challenge I am left handed.  Was wanting their PDR PRO-II.  Plan on using it for L10 here in California (the land of dead high cap divisions).

6 hours ago, chrisstophere said:

Red Hill Tactical

I came here to post this. I have one for my TSO. I've been using Blade Tech Black Ice holsters for years, and RHT is definitely a step up from that.

Edited by RigPig

3 hours ago, pointerman1967 said:

Can anyone provide guidance on a good comp holster for a CZ Tacsport 40?  I reached out to Double Alpha (what I usually buy) and they don't have one for this pistol.  I am looking for a standard holster, not a race rig and to add to the challenge I am left handed.  Was wanting their PDR PRO-II.  Plan on using it for L10 here in California (the land of dead high cap divisions).

I am a lefty with a TS 40. I asked Red Hill Tactical (http://redhilltactical.com/products/doublelayerdrop) make me a lefty holster and they did.

Look at L.A.G.Tactical, The Super 'Nova. I had one for my G34 and just ordered one for my TS. The attention to detail on the holster is absolutely amazing.

Edited by bveto

Double Alpha DOES have a RaceMaster holster insert for the Tactical Sports. It's the same one as that for the CzechMate. The SP01 insert can also be filed to fit in five minutes.
Here's a picture of mine:
16716242_10155050117619700_1036218651352

I got a Comp-Tac International for mine, I share your affliction of wrong handedness. :) The one listed as 75/85/P01/SP01 will take the Tac Sport, just have to adjust the white roller inside, removing the outer piece.  Can also order direct from Comp-Tac via Amazon and get free shipping. Just call Comp-Tac if you need status updates, mine arrived in about 8 or 9 days but Amazon still showed pending a couple weeks after.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MS4FJYK/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by O_O

On 5/13/2017 at 4:00 AM, O_O said:

I got a Comp-Tac International for mine, I share your affliction of wrong handedness. :) The one listed as 75/85/P01/SP01 will take the Tac Sport, just have to adjust the white roller inside, removing the outer piece.  Can also order direct from Comp-Tac via Amazon and get free shipping. Just call Comp-Tac if you need status updates, mine arrived in about 8 or 9 days but Amazon still showed pending a couple weeks after.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MS4FJYK/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How smooth  is the draw on that?  Looks like it mignt be a bit notchy.  Also, is the tension adjustable?  Price is certainly right.

While I'm a far cry from an expert, never tried the very expensive race holsters, I love the International; have one for my PPQ as well.

Tension is extremely adjustable. For the CZ there are 3 screws on the muzzle end and the screw through the internal plastic drum/roller.

I've never tried to max it out but I've tested from slides right out if inverted to hold it upsidedown and shake violently and it stayed put. Draw seems smooth to me, even at higher tensions an initial peak then a lighter friction that reduces through the pull.

Owned my RHT for about 5 minutes, the holster didn't fit well at all IMO. It was way too snug, took a to of yank to draw and I had a lot of kydex shaving off attached to any angle on the pistol. I'm still in the market for a kydex holster, I use a Double Alpha Race master but i'm very conscious of the possibility of dropping the gun.

10 minutes ago, Jody Waring said:

If you are interested in a race holster, the Ghost "the one" fits and works excellent with the TS. Very secure, release on the draw is great. I highly recommend this holster.

For what it is worth, a klutz like myself either needs to commit to a race holster or to a traditional style holster. 

The draw stroke you learn when using a race holster can make you end up with a dropped gun when you switch back to a holster that requires 'up - then forward'.