Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Smoothing out mag loading S2/S3/LimPro? Preventing excessive mag drag?

hav3n

So this 'type' of reload happens too regularly where the mag is in the mag well and finds a place to hang up.

See gif:

44afFTt.gif

Given enough force you can most of the time overcome the resistance to whatever is hanging up the mag.

What do I need to polish or smooth out in order to prevent this mag hang up?

7 minutes ago, SoCalShooter69 said:

Practice reloads. That's not a magwell issue in that vid.

I mean I agree with you but I was trying to pull from my match videos an example of the mag drag issue and this was the one I found.

I often happens when you're not making a perfect reload and was never an issue with my Glock. Maybe this is a metal gun thing? I dunno.

In the video, you're trying to shove it in from the bottom, before it even gets a chance to get in the magwell. Try gripping the mag higher, using your pointer finger as a guide into the magwell. Not sure if you already do this, but I couldn't see that well from the .gif. 

Edit: by looking at the .gif you're trying to rock it in. You should have been able to tell it wasn't even close to entering the magwell correct, and slowed down to adjust. You can't just ram it in there (that's what she said).

Edited by SoCalShooter69

9 minutes ago, IronArcher said:

a41f7f3d9a0a5c9c9cdab00a134ef915.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Perfect screenshot to show you should still have had your pointer finger on the mag to guide it up and in. That's just a bad reload. Once it gets caught, you're trying to ram it in from the bottom, and it's not even close to being in the correct position. 

Not trying to be negative, just realistic about what you're showing. Practice more!

Tanfo's can be a MOTHER to reload. You can, in USPSA, thus far anyway, open the interior of the magwell which will help. The biggest hickey is the angle/transition at the rear strap of the magwell, that will bind you up big time.

But as others have said practice, practice, practice. These are among the, if not the, hardest production gun to reload.

Look up Memphis' video on reloading the Tanfo. There is a pretty specific angle the gun needs to be, as mentioned above. If you're off, you're gonna have a bad time.