Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where can I find a 2016 Limited Pro?

I figured I would ask the tribe on this one.....
Does anyone know where I can find a 2016 Tanfoglio Limited Pro in either 9mm - 38 Super - .40  (no 45 ACP please)

As I understand it, the 2016 frame beaver tail  was shaved down slightly from the factory to fit the IDPA box.

I prefer a NEW one. But would consider a almost new.  Prefer it to be stock with no mod's.

I do not mind a .40 because I can load .40 minor for it.

I figured that someone in the group might know a shop where one is sitting.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/644779419

I recently bought someone's backup Limited Pro that was barely used in 9mm...old model with the curved tail.  Looks to fit in the IDPA box although there isn't really room to spare.  Plan on shooting it SSP and Production.  Taking a lot of work to get the trigger weights down and primers to strike, but a beautiful pistol.  Heavy.

12 minutes ago, 1eyedfatman said:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/644779419

I recently bought someone's backup Limited Pro that was barely used in 9mm...old model with the curved tail.  Looks to fit in the IDPA box although there isn't really room to spare.  Plan on shooting it SSP and Production.  Taking a lot of work to get the trigger weights down and primers to strike, but a beautiful pistol.  Heavy.

Appreciate it.....I talked to the guys from that Gunbroker listing....it is not a 2016 Frame

12 minutes ago, SCTaylor said:

Last month Full Armor Firearms in Houston had a LimPro in 9mm on the shelf. Not sure of the vintage but price was $1,050.

Appreciate the lead.....called them...it is gone.

Personally I've decided I'll go back over and play in IDPA a little bit, but I'm not spending that kind of money on the "other" sport, which was my first love before I knew any better.

I will likely end up with a $325 Witness Steel 9mm with some severely reworked internals, and the slide milled for a 1911 or other common front sight dovetail to fit a fiber optic front blade.

I'm curious to see what a $500ish budget can do with this platform.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

3 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Personally I've decided I'll go back over and play in IDPA a little bit, but I'm not spending that kind of money on the "other" sport, which was my first love before I knew any better.

I will likely end up with a $325 Witness Steel 9mm with some severely reworked internals, and the slide milled for a 1911 or other common front sight dovetail to fit a fiber optic front blade.

I'm curious to see what a $500ish budget can do with this platform.

You'll reach that budget with just the gun and mill work.

Try  J & L Gunsmithing   (757) 567-5993.  He told me he had one left in stock a few weeks back.

If you can't find one and don't mind doing ESP (single action only), look at the Elite Match, for a few hundred dollars less and no trigger work usually required. 

Make sure it's one that has a weight within the limit though or some milling will be involved.  Some of them were about 1 oz out.

I'm glad now that I finally got one back in October.  I had thought about it for a few months and finally pulled the trigger when another customer backed out.  I've since bought a SP01 but I like the Lim Pro better.  Just needs LOK or VZ to make grips.

1 hour ago, 1eyedfatman said:

If your getting desperate...which I would be if I were you...you could always contact EAA and Tanfoglio, get on your knees and beg them to get a shipment of the new Stock I's to the USA asap! :)

http://www.tanfoglio.it/eng/catalogo/sport-amp-competition/stock-i.html

Here is a Stock, not a Stock 1 on gunbroker.  Looks like a LimPro but the barrel looks Stock 2-ish

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/643992503

Up until 2016, Tanfoglio made a Stock, a Stock II, and a Stock III. Naturally, many people referred to the first gun as a "Stock 1" just like the guy who posted that auction.

That was all fine and dandy except that... for 2017 Tanfoglio hasintroduced an actual Stock 1. This is the gun which has finger grooves in the grip frame and a straight-walled barrel and should play more nicely in IDPA.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Found a Limited Pro.....should have it on Monday.
But I will say the search was long and arduous.
I also download the PDF from Tanfoglio's website of the product line.
Attached is a picture of the new Stock 1  (does anyone speak Italian? ...Decode the text on this picture please)

What I do find interesting....No Gold Team in the product line, for Open Gun only Domina which EAA says they do not plan to import.  

And then again, in previous years TF had stuff we did not get in the U.S. 

TF Stock 1.png

Edited by DenverDave

• 2 weeks later...