Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blade Tech Signature VS Safariland 773 pouches

16 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

I have both.  The Safariland gear is built to stand the abuse of military/LE and we can break just about anything........Blade tech is good, just not "as" good in my opinion.  

I'm setting up a belt for a new pistol. Last years setup was just to get me started, I'd like to upgrade a bit now. I like the look of the adjustability of the 773's. Whether I'd use it or not remains to be seen.

Are you using a safariland ELS rig, or just a standard belt?  If you've got the full blown ELS system, the Safariland pouches definitely mount better and have a little more adjustability, but if you're just strapping them on a standard belt, not much of an upgrade really.  If you want to shoot for an upgrade, DAA race masters are great.

13 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

I'd say go for it!!  If you are on FB, send Bobby McGee a PM and ask for a 40% off discount card.  He will probably save you some $$.

I'm not on Facebook anymore..

9 minutes ago, cj36d said:

Are you using a safariland ELS rig, or just a standard belt?  If you've got the full blown ELS system, the Safariland pouches definitely mount better and have a little more adjustability, but if you're just strapping them on a standard belt, not much of an upgrade really.  If you want to shoot for an upgrade, DAA race masters are great.

I use a Shooters Connection belt with a Carbon Arms ratchet kit. I turn 55 later this year, and I just started in this game last year. Spending the cash on the Race Masters would be better spent on range time and ammo. :D

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I tried the bladetech first but did not like the fit with my STI mags.  They did not hold enough mag and were not very secure.  Also seemed to have a lot of manufacturing discrepancy between all three of the ones I purchased.  

Did not try Safariland, but got CompTacs and have been very pleased.

• 3 weeks later...

I have used Safariland 771 pouches for years in pistol matches.  I had been using Blade Techs for 3gun and last year I swapped them out for Safariland 773s for pistol and 774s for rifle

My opinion is that it is worth the effort and money to change to the Safarilands