Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
TheChef1

Shooting classifiers

On 7/15/2017 at 0:05 PM, TheChef1 said:

I'm not saying go slow but don't shoot beyond your capabilities. If you get a mike or no shoot on a low round count stage its devasting to hit factor. 

but who cares? it costs you the same amount of points in the match.

On 7/17/2017 at 9:08 AM, motosapiens said:

but who cares? it costs you the same amount of points in the match.

I guess it really depends on round count for the stage. The last classifier I shot was 8 rounds I had 2 Mike's and ended with a zero HF. If you get 2 Mike's on a 30 round count stage it's not nearly as hurtful.

On 7/19/2017 at 3:24 PM, TheChef1 said:

I guess it really depends on round count for the stage. The last classifier I shot was 8 rounds I had 2 Mike's and ended with a zero HF. If you get 2 Mike's on a 30 round count stage it's not nearly as hurtful.

yes it is. maybe it doesn't hurt your stage score as much for that stage, but it hurts your match score just as much.

Actually, if you zero'd the stage, It is actually *less* hurtful than getting the same amount of mikes on a 30-round stage, because the penalties stop counting against you once you get to zero.

Shoot it like a regular stage. Practice dry fire exactly like live fire. Work on Draws , reloads, and index/natural point of aim. 

I started doing much better at classifiers once I started shooting them within my abilities instead of adding extra pressure on myself to do well. Now, I also started having a 20 minute dry fire session before matches at home prior to taking off and that might have something to do with it as well.

Treat classifiers just as a normal stage. And think like this, it should be a normal stage, this is how you would shoot it anyway, not sandbagging or grandbagging.

I’ve been up and down on classifiers since I started shootong. I used to take my time and get my hits. That wasn’t going well so I went hero or zero, also didn’t go so well. When I finally started shooting them like a regular stage and not worrying about it, I started to shoot them much better. 

Lots of shooters blow the classifier stages because they" try" to shoot better or faster then they are currently capable.  Shoot within your ability and as time goes on and your abilities improve with training and experience so will your classification.  

As a side benefit, you will do better at matches because your not zeroing the classifier like so many other competitors are.