Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

8.7.4 applies to ports or doorways?

IHAVEGAS

11 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Not altering but generally once opened they stay open during walkthrough

Thanks both. Just to be certain, if you can open/close the door/port without interfering with other competitors then it is aok? Leaving them open is just a matter of courtesy or time efficiency (or because nobody cares) ? 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

10 minutes ago, Poppa Bear said:

A lot depends on what is on the other side.  If it is just a simple door then it tends to stay open.  If there are targets immediately available off to the side  I will commonly see shooters practice their entry. 

Having face planted into a door with a rather robust latch, I always try the mechanism. If there is an RO on the stage, I will ask first. 

• 2 weeks later...

I like to open any doors during my walk through and never been told I could not.  

I have seen seen too many people DQ'ed for sweeping and there are a whole range of aspects that come into play depending on how close to the door you are starting, where the handle is located, which side you are approaching it from, which side it opens from, if the door is stiff or has a tendency to swing closed etc.

9 minutes ago, my00wrx1 said:

I like to open any doors during my walk through and never been told I could not.  

I have seen seen too many people DQ'ed for sweeping and there are a whole range of aspects that come into play depending on how close to the door you are starting, where the handle is located, which side you are approaching it from, which side it opens from, if the door is stiff or has a tendency to swing closed etc.

Yeah, always try to open the door at combat speed during walk through. Always a treat when you hear the beep, yank the door open, and it closes on you while drawing. :)