Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
valerko

another 929

Recommended Posts

Would one of you guys kindly tell me which Dawson fiber optic front. sight you put on your 929. I looked at the web page but couldn't figure it out. Probably just a case of my OMD. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which springs are you guys using? Got some wolf springs , but I think they send me standard power instead of reduced power main spring. Once I polished whatever I could and change main and rebound springs , I had problem with trigger coming back 

BTW: this was pretty much first time I worked on revolver lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First match under my belt with 929  . Local IDPA match , they let me shoot 929 , even use Hogue holster with Protocall adapter . Second overall , only 16 shooters , not bad  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A. Did everyone go home with the same number of holes in them that they showed up with and no extras?

 

B. Did you have fun?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Distant Thunder said:

A. Did everyone go home with the same number of holes in them that they showed up with and no extras?

 

B. Did you have fun?

Absolutely. Might've been my first match with revolver , but not first match. Lol

Funny thing , when I went to do first reload , I've pushed cylinder release and froze for split second waiting for magazine to pop out. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, valerko said:

First match under my belt with 929  . Local IDPA match , they let me shoot 929 , even use Hogue holster with Protocall adapter . Second overall , only 16 shooters , not bad  :)

Excellent and if you want to shoot steel challenge with your 929, were having a match this Saturday about an hour south west of your location.

PM me if your interested ?

We have a couple of guys that shoot 929's and other revolvers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well now you have gone and done it. Bought a revolver and entered a match. It's over.

 

When I started shooting handguns I thought to myself that I would never go down this road but after two years I broke down and got my first one. My 929 is my second and basically revolver is all I shoot now.

 

18 hours ago, valerko said:

Absolutely. Might've been my first match with revolver , but not first match. Lol

Funny thing , when I went to do first reload , I've pushed cylinder release and froze for split second waiting for magazine to pop out. Lol

 

4 hours ago, shoots100 said:

Excellent and if you want to shoot steel challenge with your 929, were having a match this Saturday about an hour south west of your location.

PM me if your interested ?

We have a couple of guys that shoot 929's and other revolvers.

 

As you know a 929 is not a good IDPA gun but it is great for USPSA as long as you keep it iron sight. Steel Challenge is also a great place also for this gun and is where I'm going for now. Any of the 8 shot N frames are good though. The way I have my configured with a dot sight and all of the professional work done on it I have about $2200.00 in it, plus the BMT mooner, 50 of the Revolver Supply Store .35 moon clips and I have around $500.00 in my belt so it can be just as much of a money pit as any gun can be. The sad part of it is I'm not much to look at on the range. But that is not the fault to the equipment. Enjoy your revo and welcome to the club!

Edited by firewood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, got my holster all setup , moonclip holders , ready for first USPSA as a revolver shooter this weekend 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 stages at Spring Blast match at Long island . Revos are fun

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep having fun.  Stage looks like you shot it well.  Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think you did too bad.

At least you have a video to see the weak spots you need to work on.

Did you lose any moon clips in the sand ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope , got all my brass and moon lips back.  It's actually an achievement at that range. Lol

Now thinking about revolver for IDPA. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, valerko said:

Nope , got all my brass and moon lips back.  It's actually an achievement at that range. Lol

Now thinking about revolver for IDPA. :)

I have gotten my moon clips back but never have had moon lips. LOL ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...