Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Johrichal

Best drill for a newbie

Ha! Just giving you a hard time. It’s really tough when anyone can chime in on a thread, and it’s difficult to know who to listen to if there are differing opinions. After all, I do it time to time!

Posted (edited)

On 11/15/2018 at 11:51 AM, DKnoch said:
On 11/15/2018 at 11:27 AM, Nalle2491 said:
BILL DRILLS!!! Time after Time after Time!!! Make sure and use a timer as much as possible with the PAR timer on.

Blake drill is more better. Train them transitions > split them triggers

I agree with what  DKnoch recommended . Besides being a a much better drill and charger it also has the newest  XR brushless DCF887  3 speed impact vs the  DCF885 basic model in the 9 tool kit. This would be a great starter kit and you could add the wanted bare tools as needed probably for around the same price.

Edited by LaraBully

Don't neglect the most basic of basics.  Put yourself on the clock, draw, fire one or two shots.  Whittle down the time for your first accurate shot, or two shots, while putting those bullets where you intend them to go.

Figure what works for you to get out of the holster to the sights on target in the most automatic way, consistently.  This will serve you well in any kind of stage in any kind of match.

On 1/7/2020 at 11:02 PM, LaraBully said:

I agree with what  DKnoch recommended . Besides being a a much better drill and charger it also has the newest  XR brushless DCF887  3 speed impact vs the  DCF885 basic model in the 9 tool kit. This would be a great starter kit and you could add the wanted bare tools as needed probably for around the same price.

Haha that was a while ago, but I didn’t know I was recommending a cordless drill/driver...or are we talking impact drills?  I would definitely change my answer now.  I would recommend Doubles Drill and then a dedicated transition drill.  I like doing 90 degree transition and a wide transition drill.  Obviously you have to train draws, reloads, movement and all components of USPSA, but I find I get a lot from doubles and transition drills.  Also get on PSTG, a ton of good info and videos there

Edited by DKnoch