Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Breda b12i

Terry44

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the Breda?  I'm looking at getting one but they are still just a myth in my area and spending that kind of money without having seen one first hand is a little concerning for me. 

Anyone that has held or shot one have an opinion on them?  How do they feel, shoot, and load? 

I'm also a little concerned about all the open holes in the top of the receiver Breda added for mounting optics.  It seems that would be a invitation for dust and dirt to collect in the receiver.  I would appreciate some thoughts on that issue.  Mostly if it is an issue or not something I should worry about. 

Hi Terry, I couldn't remember who posted a youtube review but check it out. They might be related with Iron City Rifle Works. The design is very similar to Benelli M2. I think those holes comes with a cover that you can take off if you want to mount an optic.

Mike Pinto has one and is using it. I shot it and really liked it. It is fairly good to go out of the box. Very high quality gun! Breda actually was the one that came up with the inertia system as it pertains to shotguns. It is very accurate with slugs and runs like an M2. It doesn't have too many rounds through it yet, but it seems good! I will give you a little hint, many of the mods it comes with, came from one we moded up for them. I like them......except for the trigger guard, which needs some edges sanded off.

• 1 year later...

Where can you actually buy them?  I'm looking to drop the hammer on one this season but not if I have to wait a year lol.

Also I tested one out earlier this year at a match.  Over my Versamax it's much lighter but I'd say a pretty significant increase in recoil.  Others who were worried about the recoil also tell me the Breda still ended up being faster though.  I personally like the machines precision barrel.  I'm big on slug accuracy and it seems like they are too.

• 1 month later...

I have been lucky with the purchase of a new Breda B12i shotgun with 24 inch barrel. Does anyone have the thread pitch for the scope mounting holes drilled in the receiver of the B12i ? I have a GG&G picatinny rail that has 8-40 screws which are too large in diameter for the holes. I am thinking that 6-48 might be the right size. I would like to try an aimpoint T1L micro red dot on the shotgun. I mounted a Briley +8 carbon fiber mag tube, and an A&S Engineering trigger guard. About all you can do to this great gun. Tnx for any professional responses. SFC Ronald "Kilmore" Moore in Salt lake.

Edited by Kilmore
typo

I have a buddy who just started using one and he gave a small review of it when somebody commented on a Facebook post of his.

"BM there’s a reason They’ve blown up in the two years they’ve been on the market. SB and I shared one at the incredibly dusty Safariland Expedition match 30 stages shot without a single malfunction."

I edited the names he mentioned to just first and last initials because I don't know those people and don't want to go spreading their names around just in case.

There are some people competing with them here in the southeast.  There was a match where a Breda rep was there and I shot one.  It's very close to a Benelli BUT I think recoil\recovery is a little softer\faster on the Benelli because of the Comfortech stock.  They are about the same price, I would just go Benelli.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

Seems like the most appealing thing about the Breda is the loading port is opened up from the factory, right?

The loading port is the biggest thing that people get excited about when I hear them talking about this gun.

Full disclosure I am on Team Breda. I have been using the B12i for over a year now and love it. You can use any Benelli M2 part except the charging handle. Shot slugs extremely accurate. The loading port is opened up nicely from the factory and the only thing I did was round the edges a little more. Comes with 5 chokes. I run estate 1140s and never had a jam. All in all it is a great shotgun for the price you pay. If you have any specific questions about it let me know. 

I just went the gold standard Nordic tube. I also got the TTI loading gate for the Benelli because I keep getting a cut while quad loading. That was just me and others didn't have a problem with the Breda OEM loading gate. As i said above the only modification I did was rounding the edges of the loading port but that was a personal preference. 

• 1 year later...

Little bit of a necro-bump, but my Google-fu has failed me, and I figured someone here might know:

While I'm in no particular hurry to replace my current shotgun, it is something that I'm probably going to do in the future, and I'm weighing my options so that I can start setting my pennies aside for when I do feel like making an upgrade. The catch is that I'm a short dude with tiny T-Rex arms, and the "compact" 13 1/8" LOP stocks that Benelli and Stoeger make fit me better than the full-size versions, so that's a consideration.

What's the LOP on the B12i stock? Are there any replacement options for a compact version with a shorter LOP?

11 minutes ago, Steve133 said:

Little bit of a necro-bump, but my Google-fu has failed me, and I figured someone here might know:

While I'm in no particular hurry to replace my current shotgun, it is something that I'm probably going to do in the future, and I'm weighing my options so that I can start setting my pennies aside for when I do feel like making an upgrade. The catch is that I'm a short dude with tiny T-Rex arms, and the "compact" 13 1/8" LOP stocks that Benelli and Stoeger make fit me better than the full-size versions, so that's a consideration.

What's the LOP on the B12i stock? Are there any replacement options for a compact version with a shorter LOP?

I believe the Beretta 1301 comp has a shorter LOP. May be worth looking into.  

Thanks for the input. The 1301 was vaguely on my radar for doing some additional research, and that's a good data point.

I should probably clarify here that I'm not dead-set on the Breda or anything - I'm doing some long-term research to pull together the pros/cons of the popular options out there, and one of the factors to consider is ergonomics of the factory furniture and availability of aftermarket options. Everything about most of the common shotgun choices is documented pretty well, but for whatever reason, I can't for the life of me find that information about the buttstock for the Breda....

1 minute ago, Steve133 said:

Thanks for the input. The 1301 was vaguely on my radar for doing some additional research, and that's a good data point.

I should probably clarify here that I'm not dead-set on the Breda or anything - I'm doing some long-term research to pull together the pros/cons of the popular options out there, and one of the factors to consider is ergonomics of the factory furniture and availability of aftermarket options. Everything about most of the common shotgun choices is documented pretty well, but for whatever reason, I can't for the life of me find that information about the buttstock for the Breda....

where do you want it measured from? I have a breda and can measure it later tonight if you'd like.  

The 1301 comp pro looks pretty amazing but it's not being imported yet.   I think that's the shotgun I'd get.  

2 minutes ago, farinx said:

where do you want it measured from? I have a breda and can measure it later tonight if you'd like.  

The 1301 comp pro looks pretty amazing but it's not being imported yet.   I think that's the shotgun I'd get.  

Thanks man, that'd be great! If you could drop a tape measure from the trigger shoe to the center of the butt pad, that should do it. Something like this:

aid9418492-v4-728px-Measure-the-Length-o

And yeah, I'm hearing some pretty good buzz about the 1301 Pro. I'm frankly not at a level where I would benefit from a shotgun upgrade; hopefully, by the time I get there and have some money saved up, the Pro version will have been out for long enough that there'll be some good info on it from folks that have run them in matches....

2 minutes ago, Steve133 said:

Thanks man, that'd be great! If you could drop a tape measure from the trigger shoe to the center of the butt pad, that should do it. Something like this:

aid9418492-v4-728px-Measure-the-Length-o

And yeah, I'm hearing some pretty good buzz about the 1301 Pro. I'm frankly not at a level where I would benefit from a shotgun upgrade; hopefully, by the time I get there and have some money saved up, the Pro version will have been out for long enough that there'll be some good info on it from folks that have run them in matches....

Sounds good. I'll set a reminder in my phone to measure it when I get home.

On 9/24/2019 at 11:54 AM, Steve133 said:

The catch is that I'm a short dude with tiny T-Rex arms, and the "compact" 13 1/8" LOP stocks that Benelli and Stoeger make fit me better than the full-size versions, so that's a consideration.

This was the main selling point of the 1301 for me. It starts at 13"

On 9/25/2019 at 8:28 PM, farinx said:

Does this work?

8BE6A21A-0C38-4E32-B6DD-8715C2275C7D.jpeg

That works great, thanks again man! Looks like the ~14" that's pretty standard for the Benelli-like guns...

On 9/25/2019 at 9:10 PM, TonytheTiger said:

This was the main selling point of the 1301 for me. It starts at 13"

Yeah, it's definitely going to be food for thought.

52 minutes ago, Steve133 said:

That works great, thanks again man! Looks like the ~14" that's pretty standard for the Benelli-like guns...

Yeah, it's definitely going to be food for thought.

No problem. let me know if you need any other info.