Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Breaking down a stage

teddym90

Plan for your division and where you can cut corners in. For instance, if you can hit a popper connected to a swinger early on, but you've gotta shoot your 11th round, go for it. It'll be easier when you get to the swinger. Just because the popper will be closer later doesn't mean you can't risk it for an easier 2A's at the end. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/15/2017 at 2:14 PM, Ultimo-Hombre said:

There are tons of previous discussions on this, it can all pretty much be boiled down to, 

what your stage plan is doesn't matter nearly as much as if you can confidently excecute it. 

I took a class class from one of the big name guys and he set up a stage and had us make a plan and shoot it. He then told us to make a totally different plan even if we didn't like it and we shot it that way. Times were essentially the same. 

It it boiled down to having a plan you could excecute with confidence and excersizing good marksmanship. So make a plan and shoot it. It doesn't matter if the other guy has a "better" plan.  If you are shooting sooner and not making up shots on steel you will be just fine. 

This is solid advice. I’m still a new shooter but I like to plan on what’s the most efficient way of doing it that I can actually pull off in live fire.  I used to try and do what more experienced shooters in my squad were doing but then realized I can’t always do that cause my skill just isn’t there yet to do what they can 

• 1 month later...