Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
lppd4

Winchester SX3

I have a beautiful Winchester SX3 that has been worked over by Briley. The gun looks great and shoots better, It has  plastic/hard rubber fore end and butt stock that has become very sticky. Has anybody else experienced this? An officer where I work has a Browning rifle with the same type stock and his did the same thing. I keep my shotgun in my safe in the house so I don't think heat is an issue. The stock wasn't like this when it was new.

Yes, happened to my SX3 after a couple of years and I ordered new buttstock & forend from Winchester to replace it. New parts are a couple of years old now and have not done this. Might have had a bad batch.

gerritm

Mine did the same thing too. I consider it to be extra grip now. I think that if you use it a bit and it gets handled some that the "extra" sticky would get "wiped/worn" off. Mine only did it once I left it unused for quite a while.

I called Winchester explained my problem and they are taking care of it.

On 4/13/2017 at 1:09 PM, BoyGlock said:

Yes use it more often. Its not a problem. Sticky or not. 

I was wrong. Its so sticky and soft now that it leaves stains in my clothes. Dont know how to have it replaced by winchester as Im not in US nor Europe. 

Received a package in the mail yesterday, curious because I hadn't ordered anything. Opened the box and Winchester had sent me a brand new butt stock.  They told me they would put me on a waiting list in April and they delivered.          Great customer service from Winchester new fore end was already installed so I have a like new shotgun that is no longer sticky.