Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AzShooter

I've been amiss at cleaning my compensator on my Mark IV with the Volquartsen LLV 6 barrel.  Not being lazy but just not paying attention to it.  My groups have been tighter but not tight enough.  I Shoot CCI-SV most of the time and Blazer sometimes  to practice.

Today I decided to clean the compensator.  I forgot I had a bottle of Wipe Out that worked real well last time.  I tried Peroxide and Vinegar but it didn't really help.   Using a brass screwdriver I chiseled out most of the buildup.  

I made a mistake and put the compensator on with Blue Loctite.  It was a devil to get the comp off.  My caregiver finally let me go to her house and use her vice which really helped.  I got the locking bolt loose and was able to star working on the comp off of the gun which made it must easier.

No more being laxed at cleaning and spraying Pam in the compensator before practice or a match.  And I promised myself to clean the comp after every 1000 rounds.  It doesn't take long if you don't have a huge buildup of lead.

in sunset.jpg