Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Please recommend a good Video or DVD for clays

TLD

It's my first year shooting clays. I'm averaging the course averages so far but need help, especially in what NOT to do.

I usually find in sports activities that when I know what not to do and have some guidelines in what sort of techniques are beneficial, I can develop my own style with practice. Of course lessons would be great, but not this year.

Thanks!

I own a half doz tapes/DVDs including stuff from Digweed, Marty Fisher, Dan Carlisle, John Krueger, etc.

My favorite is Dan Carlisle's Complete System For Successful Shooting.

Rick

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

TLD --

Definitely find a way to take at least one lesson with a good coach. I was amazed at how much I learned and improved from just one lesson. A good teacher is going to be able to see where you need the most help and concentrate on those areas, something no video can do. Of course the vids are an easy and relatively inexpensive way to be exposed to a lot of different shooting styles.....they'll usually tell you that theirs is the best one, naturally!

I was fortunate to find a very good teacher and the 2hrs my buddy & I spent shooting with her did wonders for both of us....and she did this without even having a gun with her or shooting ours even once. It didn't even sink in to us until the lesson was over that indeed, she had never even touched a gun the whole time. I will definitely be taking more lessons as the budget dictates.

Ask around your local clays courses/clubs and find yourself a good instructor.....the good ones don't need to show you how good THEY can shoot, but how good they can make YOU shoot.

Best money I've ever spent shooting.