Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

African Americans in shooting competition?

teegray1124

6 hours ago, benchmstr said:

i choose Texas because it's one of the last few saving bastions in the union that hasn't been neutered by liberal bleeding heart special snowflake types such as yourself, who are hell bent on taking other people's constitutional rights for special interests.

lol, i was born in texas, and so was my wife, and so was my son. we all think it sucks. you are welcome to it. it's a great place to store texans, at least.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, benchmstr said:

so, someone wishes violence against me for a non-violent post and I respond....yet, I am the one with attitude?

very objective of you...

the bench

Did you see the part about "Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable."? What do you think Brooke was replying to?

As to your "free speech", this is a privately owned forum. What the forum owner wants, he gets.

Restricted Content
Politics 
Policy and political discussions or debates of any kind - even if you consider your opinions to be "facts" - are not welcome anywhere in the forum.
Specifically including (but not limited to):
• USPSA vs IPSC
• IPSC vs IDPA
• STI vs SVI
• Limited 10 vs Limited Division
• This Division vs That Division
• This Government vs That Government
• Gun Control Issues

This is not a free speech issue. As a privately funded and collectively ran "information exchange," we have found that the emotional nature of political discussions weakens the informative impact of the Forum.

And note that your post, avatar, and anything in your signature represent you, and your relationship with the Forum's Guidelines.

GrumpyOne

• 1 year later...

i am Black and I shoot all kinds of matches. I have for 20 years. smallbore benchrest, smallbore, high power, military, and cast bullet silhouette, USPSA, IDPA, GLOCK matches, steel challenge, bullseye, airpistol silhouette, paintball, etc. I got started in each and every discipline by reading about it, buying the gear, finding a match and showing up. I have introduced several black people to various types of formal competitive shooting. However, I only know a few who stuck with competitive shooting and it is normal in my area to have only one or two Black shooters at a club USPSA match of 100+ shooters. People spend their time and money how they like is all I can figure. The saying "do you" applies.

Edited by lawboy

There is only one AA person that I have seen at at a FCSA Match, but we have a small group to begin with anyway.  In addition, the total number of AA's in this area is very limited.  What we do have is Hispanics and Native Americans and I find their participation to also be limited.  I do truly believe that in any of my sporting endeavors we are completely color, sex, and age blind, so I do not understand.

Edited by synchronicity
adding additional things we don't see.