Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Tuning Videos: DIY Trigger job tutorial

1 hour ago, Balakay said:

I spent this morning watching the videos and tearing apart my LimPro. gave everything a good cleaning and repolished some things for no apparent reason.  Got everything back together with minimal cursing and no lost springs.  Thank you for the outstanding tutorial.

One quick question: Is it normal to have a little vertical play in the firing pin retainer? Seems much tighter fit in my 1911/2011?  

Yes that's normal. It concerned me initially too, but your gun will run fine.

I'm glad to hear the videos helped. I created the resource I would have liked to have when I built my gun. If there's anything I left out somehow that you still had to figure out on your own, let me know.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, emjei said:

Xtreme Sear....Titan Hammer.

Sear cannot be polish I guess

It can. Both the EAA and Xtreme are surface hardened so you don't want to go carving into it, but I'm quite happy with my polished one so far.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

4 minutes ago, emjei said:

What helps the little grind right before the SA breaks ???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Sear on hammer hooks.

But can also be sear edges to sear cage.

Sear pin in the hole (use light grease on pin and on hole.

Trigger to frame rub. Left side of trigger is pushed against the frame if there is less than perfect finger action.

Could be the nose of the disco.

Could be the hammer spring on the strut or hole.

Could also be the strut head inside the hammer.  the punched out strut could be bent and rubbing at full motion.

Might be the last bit of "zipper" from the plunger. The head pushed by the trigger bar into the hole. Any ridges there will give that.

On 4/2/2017 at 9:30 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

I agree. But I also won't call someone a fool for waiting 1,000 rounds and a couple months of use before spending the $$$

(And the EGD Xtreme rod works just as well as Henning's)

Ok, so I have to retract my previous statement of not having to rush out and buy a conefit GR if shooting minor.

My buddy's Lim Pro is already showing signs of peening after just 500 rounds. So yeah, it is kinda important.

• 7 months later...

Hi!

I would just like to thank MemphisMechanic.

I have watched your videos a few time and I was able to get from a stock crappy trigger, to a really good crisp trigger.

I used few extreme parts and polished everthing like you said. I got from 14lbs DA and 6lbs SA to about 8-9lbs DA and 3,5-4 SA with medium extreme springs (I am fine with that trigger weight, so I will not go with lighter springs).

DA feels constant, SA has zero creep and breaks really cleanly, overall I am very happy with the resoult.

MemphisMechanic thank you very much for all your knowledge and effort that went into making these videos!

Best regards,
Ales

Glad to hear it!

I would suggest installing a one-piece sear and the Patriot reduced power trigger and sear springs, and a second round of more agressive polishing. Keep everything else stock. Keep the EGD Medium hammer spring.

That should get your trigger down to 7.5/3.0 or so with zero change in reliabiltiy.

That’s what I’d do to a “stock type” Tanfoglio build.

Hi!

I have bought and installed following parts (also polished them):

Tanfoglio Xtreme Titan Hammer 

Tanfoglio Xtreme Sear Lever - Model : Regular  (one-piece)

Tanfoglio Xtreme Interruptor 

Tanfoglio Xtreme Trigger Bar Guide 

Tanfoglio Xtreme Firing Pin Spring - Model : Medium  

Tanfoglio Xtreme Hammer Spring - Model : Medium 

Tanfoglio Xtreme Firing Pin - Model : Small Frame 

Tanfoglio Xtreme Firing Pin Safety  

I have also bought both of the springs, but I chose tanfoglio not Patriot defense, not really knowing why, I guess difference in price  :unsure:

I agree on the polishing. I am new to "gunsmithing" so my polishing is something that I need to work on. I have a plan to do it again after few shooting sessions.

But trigger weight aside, my trigger is worlds apart from the factory one. SA break is fenomenal. I always really liked feeling of 1911 triggers, and except of the pre travel, now on tanfoglio feels quite the same.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Ales

5 hours ago, aales1 said:

Hi!

I have bought and installed following parts (also polished them):

Tanfoglio Xtreme Titan Hammer 

Tanfoglio Xtreme Sear Lever - Model : Regular  (one-piece)

Tanfoglio Xtreme Interruptor 

Tanfoglio Xtreme Trigger Bar Guide 

Tanfoglio Xtreme Firing Pin Spring - Model : Medium  

Tanfoglio Xtreme Hammer Spring - Model : Medium 

Tanfoglio Xtreme Firing Pin - Model : Small Frame 

Tanfoglio Xtreme Firing Pin Safety  

I have also bought both of the springs, but I chose tanfoglio not Patriot defense, not really knowing why, I guess difference in price  :unsure:

I agree on the polishing. I am new to "gunsmithing" so my polishing is something that I need to work on. I have a plan to do it again after few shooting sessions.

But trigger weight aside, my trigger is worlds apart from the factory one. SA break is fenomenal. I always really liked feeling of 1911 triggers, and except of the pre travel, now on tanfoglio feels quite the same.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Ales

I have done the exact same to mine. 

Trigger is a pleasure to shoot!

Cheers

• 2 years later...

I purchased an EAA WITNESS polymer full size 9mm pistol. Its the entry level pistol with the 4.5 inch barrel. I've been  searching for how to videos related to tuning the trigger and action. I've watched Memphis mechs videos and they all pertain to the BETTER grade steel frame models from EAA. In his videos the trigger ass, carrier and hammer mechanism look to be different from my Model P. It says FORCE 99 on the left grip pannel. Is it possible to use Henning and Wolfe after market parts on my model?  Has Memphis Mech or anyone else ever did a tune job on the model that I have? Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. 

Wasn’t able to find it here but just wanted to know, does anybody use the stock hammer spring? Just asking. I am currently running

Pd 15.5 hammer lt spring with 1/2 coil cut off to fit
Pd trigger and sear springs
Xtreme 1 pc sear
Polished to mirror finish
10lb recoil hybrid spring
Pd guide rod
Pd optimized striker spring

Just wanted to know if anyone is running the stock hammer spring to get reliable ignition. I am kind of getting some light strikes on DA on cci but not many maybe 1/20. They aren’t all .007 below flush I know that will fix it but I made a big batch of ammo and wanna be able to pop it all. How much does the stock spring pull with these parts and how would it affect general performance? Is it too heavy to train out or are there people out there running it with no problem? Just wondering sorry for the long post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try and Xtreme Medium spring. It’s around 16-16.5, and my gun would crush marginally seated CCI #550 (magnum) primers all day long, which were damned hard.

(The same gun ran like a swiss watch on a 13lb PD spring and winchester primers, for reference.)

Thanks for sharing Memphis! Just ordered!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...
8 hours ago, Oldsamurai57 said:

Love your witness series 

do you know  anyone that has a 

a 6 inch  witness barrel 

9 mm   I have a bunch of them 

I just got a hunter 10 mm

want to convert it to 9 mm for 

more shooting 

thanks oldsamurai57 

Call Jim at j&L