Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo Stock III compared to the CZ Shadow 2

Well, I got a two door Bel air for a graduation present from HS in 57, 270 HP - 3 speed.  It was a neat car for the day and I would not mind having it back.  I'm a 1911 type so would not care for the Tanfo.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Steve RA said:

Well, I got a two door Bel air for a graduation present from HS in 57, 270 HP - 3 speed.  It was a neat car for the day and I would not mind having it back.  I'm a 1911 type so would not care for the Tanfo.

Good grief! You're older than I am, and I'm older than dirt! 

28 minutes ago, Steve RA said:

Yes, I'd be a Super/Super Senior if they had that group.

I'll tell you what, Steve, I'm a Super too and I'm just tickled pink that we're out there.

When I'm going through a stage I feel like I'm thirty years old and going a thousand miles an hour. (Even though I'm not.) :D

On 3/31/2017 at 4:41 PM, TA338 said:

Tanfos have in Europe a long and well earned repuation of cracking frames and slides when you shoot thousands of rounds in competition. CZs break only slide stops from time to time.

Tanfos can be made to work extremely well with Eric Grauffel custom parts but that does not help with the frames.

In Europe Tanfos were losing markets to CZ big time already before Shadow 2. CZs just plain work.

Question.   i'm not saying is true.    But where do you get that info?    Where can i read it?   Thanks for your info

On 3/30/2017 at 8:13 PM, JusticeOfToren said:

Has anyone measured the DA trigger pull reach on the Shadow 2?  I suppose it's the same as Shadow 1?

cztriggerreach.jpg.e7c7764cf40f0f84df750bf3c3c2896d.jpg

Is PD already selling this CZ?

On Fri Mar 31 2017 at 1:41 PM, TA338 said:

Tanfos have in Europe a long and well earned repuation of cracking frames and slides when you shoot thousands of rounds in competition. CZs break only slide stops from time to time.

Tanfos can be made to work extremely well with Eric Grauffel custom parts but that does not help with the frames.

In Europe Tanfos were losing markets to CZ big time already before Shadow 2. CZs just plain work.

Not.

Tanfo's in the late '80's early '90's had slide cracking issues.  they lightened up the slide and it couldn't take the battering from the more powerful calibers 40, 10mm. 

They fixed that design flaw and have had a good run since.  (as far as I can tell anyway). 

7 hours ago, ARMAGEDON said:

I haven't read anything like it

Yes the frame crack statements that happened and were rectified in major guns are so old and irrelevant now it's just silly to bring up and misleading.

oh an s3 v shadow 2. Pick your poison. Very similar really.

Edited by goshimu

• 2 weeks later...