Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recomend gunsmith, SW Ohio?

JeremiahD

Overhauling my 1911 last night, discovered the rear ejector post sheared off in the frame.  I tried the simple fixes (heat, gently tapping, etc) no luck. It wont even rotate in place when torqued with a dental pick.  I'm going to need a competent guy to drill it out, and fast.  Any suggestions?

20170327_210308.jpg

Mine did the same (front post).  I disassembled it completely and whacked the frame on a piece of wood until it came out far enough to grab it.  Heating might help, too.  Or go straight to a smith...

Best gunsmith I know in SW Ohio lives 10 minutes from me. Mr Ben Hoffman can do it all from repairs to milling to complete race gun builds. PM me for his phone number.

10 hours ago, teros135 said:

Mine did the same (front post).  I disassembled it completely and whacked the frame on a piece of wood until it came out far enough to grab it.  Heating might help, too.  Or go straight to a smith...

Already spent yesterday evening picking, heating, whacking, and disassembling to see if the hole went all the way through (it didn't) so yeah, gunsmith time :)

10 hours ago, Sarge said:

Best gunsmith I know in SW Ohio lives 10 minutes from me. Mr Ben Hoffman can do it all from repairs to milling to complete race gun builds. PM me for his phone number.

Thank you, PM sent!