Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Deltapoint Pro Dot Failures

cj36d

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it matters much.  Personally, I use either Duracell or EverReady Energizer.  I buy them in bulk packs, and I meter each battery.  Most come in at around 3.2V, but some are at 3 or even 2.8.  They are cheap, so I just toss them.  A 3V battery will not last a match in my RTS2s before the dot goes dim.  I should see what happens with the DPP with a 3V battery.  My three DPP 2.5s are still running the batteries that came with them, so it may be a while.  The oldest is over a year old.

BTW, you don't have to worry about bumping the sight in storage turning it on.  It has a off switch.  Just hold the button down for 4-5 seconds and it's off until you manually turn it on again.

I use DPP. I also had my first one shut off after a few minutes whether it was shaken or not. I put a new battery in, no effect. Called Leupold, shipped it off and they put a new circuit board in. Something happened to it to think it was not moving, and it just timed itself out. Many thousands of rounds through it before it happened. I have a second, (both on CZ Shadows for CO). I still like it better than any of the others. I have just decided to keep 3 of them, so if one quits and I have to send it in I will put the spare one on. the only other dot I believe will stand up to riding a slide for any period of time is the Burris Fastfire III, but the FOV is too small for me. I do have one of those on my CZ Scorpion, I use in SC and starting to use it in USPSA. Since my cheek goes on the stock the same way every time, the small FOV doesn't bother me. Granted riding on a 9mm rifle is not at all the same as riding a slide, but a friend of mine I believe has over 10,000 rounds or so on his Burris on slide and it is still going strong.

Mine is working fine from what I can tell with a new battery. I only had it out to the range one but it is sitting by my nightstand. I check it every now and then and it turns on fine. With the included battery after it turned off it wouldn't come on no matter what. I'm hoping it was just the battery. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I sent in two DPP Pros for repair to Leupold.  Seven weeks later I got them back.  Today during Berrys Steel Open, BOTH FAILED. Dot disappeared while shooting a stage and had to cycle thru the brightness button to get them back.   I will no longer be using one on my duty gun as I have no faith in them.