PCCs that work - tell us about yours.

My JR Carbine runs flawlessly. Weighs 6lb 4oz with optic

Custom Paint by; Cen Cal CeraKote

Battle Arms Development Carbine Length Stock

Blitzkrieg Hydraulic Buffer w/Extra Power .223 Rifle length spring

Titanium 57 degree safety

Velocity 3lb single stage trigger

Tactical Dynamics grip

Barrel was cut down to 16" with a SJC Titanium Comp, Reamed Chamber to handle longer ammo

Taccom Carbon Handguard

Vortex Spitfire 1X red dot

Crimson Trace Laser

AMMO: 135gr Bayou Bullets, Clays Powder

FB_IMG_1488949485951.jpg

Edited by UFO
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My JRC has developed failure to feed issues. Any round just nose dives into the top of the barrel. Have tried different bullet profiles and various mags too. Called JRC and I have to ship my 10 week old carbine at my expense to them for a repair, of some kind.

My JR Carbine runs flawlessly. Weighs 6lb 4oz with optic

Custom Paint by; Cen Cal CeraKote

Battle Arms Development Carbine Length Stock

Blitzkrieg Hydraulic Buffer w/Extra Power .223 Rifle length spring

Titanium 57 degree safety

Velocity 3lb single stage trigger

Tactical Dynamics grip

Barrel was cut down to 16" with a SJC Titanium Comp, Reamed Chamber to handle longer ammo

Taccom Carbon Handguard

Vortex Spitfire 1X red dot

Crimson Trace Laser

AMMO: 135gr Bayou Bullets, Clays Powder

FB_IMG_1488949485951.thumb.jpg.a886199e7f2e3a84a01eec464cffe845.jpg

How is the paint job holding up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, 1911luvr said:

How is the paint job holding up?

Really well, I don't use it for 3 gun, so it doesn't see any abuse. This is actually automotive paint. I'm sure it's going to get some nicks in it, but nothing major I'm sure.

Mine was built on a budget because I wanted to get it done in time for the classifier yesterday, and wanted to make sure I liked the sport enough to invest more in the rifle.

16" AR Stoner 1:10 barrel- cut a small ramp in and did some polishing.
Anderson lightweight upper-ejection port milling done by me.
Matrix arms fox trot handguard with top rail milled off.
Spinta arms bcg with KVP 7.5oz buffer and 308 spring.
NFA lower completed by me from 80%. Standard milspec lpk with some trigger polishing. I cerakoted the upper, lower, and rail magpul FDE.

"finished" it about 2 weeks ago and it's been through 650rds no issues.

Switched from the holosun to a vortex venom on a riser.

I took 4th of 58 overall and 1st of 8 PCC. Not bad for my first PCC match and only 2nd or 3rd USPSA match. Now I'm hooked and the build will get some go fast parts. 02e5cdfa9a1c3b00387866f4b8e426cd.jpgb46e5bf904810351e51a04433a74cdc3.jpg3f9f6eb014db648a6f171001220890a3.jpg2b2f3c2a18a28b69f68178776ca1fa67.jpg

I run two set ups with the Rock River mag block; my registered SBR and a regular 16". These run Colt pattern mags I got from PSA, four of my magazines have Taylor Freelance +10 base pads.

The SBR has a 3.5# POF drop in trigger.  The lower uses an H2 buffer and carbine spring. The upper is an Anderson slick side, BA 11" barrel with either a thread protector or silencer, a clamp on gas block front sight and Aimpoint PRO

The other lower is a CMMG MK 4 lower with the standard milspec trigger group, carbine spring and buffer and a 0.94" spacer. Anderson slick side upper with BA 16" barrel and ATI freefloat handguard and Trijicon MRO and a Custom Muzzle Brakes 9mm comp, which I don't think does anything other than protect the threads.

I run a JP bolt in both configurations.  As built currently both set ups work very reliably with a total of two failures-a double feed jam and an FTE.  The only remaining issue I have is seating mags on a closed bolt: it has to be forced very hard, even when down loaded a few rounds.

Ammo is my 115gr plated handloads with 2.8gr Prima V.  This load makes PF in the PCC, but won't cycle a single pistol I have.

What has not worked, or not worked well is a Wolf XP recoil spring--it was quite heavy to cycle by hand (my wife uses this gun for matches more than I do), and the recoil was a bit harsh.  NFA heavy 9mm bolt and buffer were also heavy on the recoil, additionally running the heavy recoil set up with the drop in trigger caused a few doubles, so I quickly abandoned it.

I ultimately decided on developing a light load, rather than a heavy rifle to manage recoil. 

8 hours ago, Dannybot said:

The only remaining issue I have is seating mags on a closed bolt: it has to be forced very hard, even when down loaded a few rounds.

I think this is a universal problem with Colt pattern AR 9's. If anyone has found a solution, I'd love to hear it.

On 4/28/2017 at 6:04 AM, gatortommy said:

I think this is a universal problem with Colt pattern AR 9's. If anyone has found a solution, I'd love to hear it.

I took a spare mag catch I had left over and filed down the top edge where it engages the top of the slot in the Colt magazine and now it takes much less effort to seat the magazine and loads by hand cycling, but have not had a chance to actually shoot it yet.  I will update once I fet a chance to actually shoot it.

I tried the modified mag catch at the range today.  The modification works well, just smartly insert the magazine on nto the mag well until clicks, then give a little tug.

You still have to line up the magazine properly to insert it, but it seats without the slap I had to use before.

I put the mag catch into a vice and filed off 0.040" 

IMG_7981.JPG

On 3/27/2017 at 2:02 PM, wheelie said:

I see lots of posts about PCCs that don't work, this thread is for those that do work. Tell us about your PCC set-up and the ammo you use for it to run correctly.

Added on edit:  What magazines do you use?

how about a baretta storm.

2000 rds

more accurate than a factory mp-5 i have. had for years 1" at 25yds.

147 makes sub sonic

gemtec can

surefire

aimpoint

FACTORY   HI CAPS

mec gar  hi caps

has been my bedroom gun since major back surgery. can use my sbs  870.

ken hackathorn's idea bless his lil' heart.

good controls for small hands #8 mens glove

what else to say. all my friends laughed at me at the orlando shot show. bought  1 on the spot

all plastic  couldn't possible be reliable

after shooting at a sub gun match they all ran to baretta to try to get 1

wish i could figure how to  make a folding stock  due to the 9 parts import deal a.t.f. will not let me s.b.r it.

jjw

9mm PCC

QC10 lower

Colt SMG mags (Metalform)

ALG ACT Trigger

Green Mtn 10.5" barrel

Aero M4E1 upper with 12" guard

KAK blade

KAK Flash Can

CMMG bolt

KAK heavy buffer

Wolf XP spring

Vortex Spitfire

Magpul pistol and fore grip

BCM Ambi charging handle

No-Name lower parts kit

KNS pins

Eats anything I throw at it from from hot 115gr handloads to big slow 147s and any factory ammo

IMG_20160522_114330449_HDR_zpssmgkmuqu.j

Edited by Kaldor
On 5/1/2017 at 3:51 PM, jjw said:

how about a baretta storm.

2000 rds

more accurate than a factory mp-5 i have. had for years 1" at 25yds.

147 makes sub sonic

gemtec can

surefire

aimpoint

FACTORY   HI CAPS

mec gar  hi caps

has been my bedroom gun since major back surgery. cant use my sbs  870.

ken hackathorn's idea bless his lil' heart.

good controls for small hands #8 mens glove

what else to say. all my friends laughed at me at the orlando shot show. bought  1 on the spot

all plastic  couldn't possible be reliable

after shooting at a sub gun match they all ran to baretta to try to get 1

wish i could figure how to  make a folding stock  due to the 9 parts import deal a.t.f. will not let me s.b.r it.

jjw

p.s. someone asked ???

factroy baretta's from iotaly

mecgar with taylor free lance 10's

• 3 weeks later...
Took a little bit to get it running right. Factory Stag mags were junk; switched to Metal Forms, and they are 100%.

Lefty Stag upper/lower/barrel
Geissele SAA-E trigger
Lancer carbon fiber foregrip
Lantec Dragon muzzle brake
Blitzkrieg Components pneumatic buffer (kept breaking BHOs)

Since the photo, I've added an Eotech 512.

20160806_165729_zpsylr577id.jpg

Updated pic.

20170514_170702_zpsdi79zi3v.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

On 4/30/2017 at 8:11 PM, Dannybot said:

I tried the modified mag catch at the range today.  The modification works well, just smartly insert the magazine on nto the mag well until clicks, then give a little tug.

You still have to line up the magazine properly to insert it, but it seats without the slap I had to use before.

I put the mag catch into a vice and filed off 0.040" 

IMG_7981.JPG

I'm going to have to try this. Especially without an aftermarket basepad, hitting the base of my colt mags in matches has me massaging my hand after a stage. It doesn't feel great :P

• 2 weeks later...

My build has a Colt pattern CMMG lower, bolt, barrel, PSA slick upper, CMore scope, full JP trigger kit.  Currently testing the MBX buffer.  So far I ike it.  The buffer worked really well with my old Production loads (155 pf out of the 16" barrel).  NO muzzle brake.  With my regular Production load adjusted so it makes 135 pf instead of 155 out the rifle, I don't really see the point.  Muzzle treatment is a fake suppressor to keep the OAL short.  The build functions 100%, except that I can't stuff a fully loaded 32 round mag in with the bolt closed and chamber a round without a yard sale (shit everywhere).  This is a pain in the ass for unloaded starts.  If the mag is downloaded some I can load it with the bolt closed.  

I'll understand if you laugh, but here's my CA featureless PCC. It took a little tweaking to get running reliably (Lone Wolf G9 ejector and a new firing pin) but now I've got about 700 rounds through it without a failure.

KEarms lower

KVP barrel and linear comp

NFA bolt

Blitzkrieg AKTIVE buffer with .308 spring

POF trigger

ALG handguard

Aero upper

Shitty $30 red dot I bought before I knew better, will soon be replaced with a Holosun 503c.

I'm currently feeding it 115gr backed up by 4.4gr of W231 but would like to experiment with some heavier rounds.

This forum was a great help in assembling and troubleshooting everything. Thanks.

NeyHv2u.jpg

Edited by arcsecond

No pictures, but I have a 9mm AR with a QC10 upper, glock lower, bolt, and barrel.  Standard carbine tube with a Vltor A5H4 buffer and A2 rifle spring.  I have just used my 9mm reloads and didn't change anything to use specifically with PCC and have had no major issues.  I can't say that it has run 100%, because I'm sure there have been some FTF or FTE, but I can't really remember it happening.

16" QC10 carbine. Upper as shipped from factory. Lower as shipped from factory except addition of HiperFIre ECL (of course). Over 1200 rounds, no clean only lubrication. 100% so far with a variety of factory and handloads.

10 pistol with upper as shipped from factory. Lower as shipped from factory. 900 rounds same condition and results.

Both are laser beams.

Both Glock magazine platforms.

On 3/27/2017 at 1:31 PM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I have three so far. Mech Tech with Glock 17 lower. The other two are Quarter Circle 10 lowers, one Glock and one Colt mag. Barrels are JP 16", Wilson Arms 16" stainless, KAW valley 16". Hiperfire 24c triggers, Jard 2lb trigger, JP bolt, Matrix Bolt, KAW bolt, various upper receivers. Various buffer setups. Find a bullet profile your rifle likes and overall length as well. Load to 131-137PF and you should be good. Thanks, Eric

Which buffer set up worked best for you?

Hahn bottom load mag block

JP barrel, bolt, SCS (as it comes, no changes to spring/weights)

Hiperfire 243G

Ran 100% in my first outing with it today; even with stuffed-full 64rd Taccom coupled Metalform mags.

Did have a little more dot movement than I was expecting using my 147gr pistol load. Comp was *filthy* after 200rds. I'll be trying 135s closer to 130-135pf soon enough.

Edited by mahamoti
On 4/18/2017 at 1:56 PM, benlineberry said:

Took a little bit to get it running right. Factory Stag mags were junk; switched to Metal Forms, and they are 100%.

Lefty Stag upper/lower/barrel

Geissele SAA-E trigger

Lancer carbon fiber foregrip

Lantec Dragon muzzle brake

Blitzkrieg Components pneumatic buffer (kept breaking BHOs)

Since the photo, I've added an Eotech 512.

20160806_165729_zpsylr577id.jpg

Anyone know where that rear sight is from? I have been looking for one like that, an A2 style rear without those damned knobs on the left side.

Beretta cx4, have had it for years. Grip fed magazines and pistol controls. Reloads are just like a pistol. For some one without extensive time with an ar, all the controls are in the correct spot. 

18 round magazines, factory 30rd and an after market 32 that fits 34rounds. 

since it is a pistol style receiver it is naturaly shorter than a rifle format without going to the hassle of a sbr. 

I have a 9mm ar and a scorpian. Still shoot faster with the cx4. Could be I've had it the longest. 

My shooting buddy brought a Palmetto Arms Glock-mag gun to my range today.  He ran a wide range of factory and re-loaded ammo through it, and it ran great.  He had to shoot the last round from some loads, but we should be able to solve this with the right OAL/bullet shape.

55 minutes ago, chuckstur said:

My shooting buddy brought a Palmetto Arms Glock-mag gun to my range today.  He ran a wide range of factory and re-loaded ammo through it, and it ran great.  He had to shoot the last round from some loads, but we should be able to solve this with the right OAL/bullet shape.

Do you know which lower he selected? How was the trigger?