Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will 2005 Be The Last Ca Steel Challenge?

I know that talking politics is frowned on here, but I think this is getting to the point where you can't hide from it anymore. If California passes this law, practical shooting in CA is dead. I mean, how many folk are going to buy "CA legal" ammo to shoot, say, Steel Challenge? Think about it- anything you reload outside of CA for the Challenge would make you a criminal as soon as you crossed the border. All CADOJ would have to do would be to put an agent at the chrono. "May i see your ammunition Mr. Jarret (or Leatham, Or Sevigny, or Enos, or Miculek, or even Brown- i do have aspirations for rimfire, you know)? Uh huh, ah- i believe that your ammunition has no serial number stamping. I'm afraid your're going to have to come with me, and your firearms are now the property of the State of California. You have the right to remain silent..."

Link to LA times article:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-le...ack=1&cset=true

Brian put up a post about SB 357 & the other bad one. I've already let Gov Arnold know I won't be spending 1000's of $ there anymore if it gets signed. Anybody else should too.