Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

KE Arms Hard as Hell 2-Gun 6-7 MAY 2017

KE Arms Hard as Hell 2-Gun - 6-7 MAY 2017

The KE Arms Hard as Hell 2-Gun will be a 9 stage, high effort, high round count stages requiring pistol and rifle only, with dedicated ROs. Expect physical challenge, a 300 second time-out, climbing, crawling, swinging, hooting, hollering, and cow bell. Because everything needs more cowbell. For an idea of what this match about search YouTube for "Hard as Hell Mutlgun" and sit back and enjoy. We will use the KE Arms Prize Patrol to deliver fun prizes to every squad. Top 3 in competitive divisions will take home trophies and loot. Other prizes delivered randomly to who is watching the final shootoff. Oh... and we will also do the patent pending SUPS Squad Relay where all squads race as a team for prizes and pride. Sounds fun? Join us is May!

Register on PractiScore.

Time Plus/Points Scoring, 9 stages

Divisions: Tactical Optics, Tactical Limited, Open, Trooper

Want to make it even harder?  add Armored Category to your division and wear front/rear hard armor plates/

Price: $150

Round Count: 300 rifle (45 long range 200+ yards), 200 pistol

Match Rules here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16uyt2NH5Axq6ofsyNOkNxSeYjMj1e03r797ESNtTLRw/mobilebasic

Edited by SinistralRifleman

Trooper division has been revised with my input to bring it back more to reality vs being "Super-Open." as it has evolved into at some other venues.  The hike in and the requirement for all shooting equipment used on ANY stage to be carried on every stage are intended to make people really think about what they need to attack the stages in the most efficient manner.

Feel free to ask any questions in the thread here.

6.TROOPER DIVISION:

Transportation of Equipment Into Range, Between Stages, and Out of Range

• Troopers must check in and park their vehicle in the Cowboy Action Venue parking lot just inside the SUPS gate
  • All gear being used during that day’s shooting must be carried in one trip from the Trooper Check-In Point to the SUPS range.
  • At the end of each shooting day, all Troopers must check out with all their equipment from the Trooper Check-in Point.
  • Pre-staging gear at the SUPS range for the next day’s shooting is not allowed.
  • Troopers must carry all gear being used during a day’s shooting to each stage in one trip.
  • All troopers will walk everywhere between Trooper Check-in and Check-Out.
  • Troopers must carry all their gear with them any time they leave a HaH stage.
  • All gear carried by Troopers must be carried on their body (no wagons are allowed). “drag-bag” style cases are considered legal, rolling cases and carts are not.

Carrying of Equipment/Ammunition During Stages

-Troopers will carry all shooting related equipment, ammunition, magazines, spare parts, tools, batteries for sighting systems, and cleaning supplies they intend to use for ANY stage during EVERY stage.

-In the event a Trooper cannot fit through an obstacle with all their gear, they may take it off on the clock, traverse the obstacle, then retrieve the gear.  They may also drag it through behind them.

-Ammunition may be resupplied after the shooter checks out for the day at the Trooper Check Point

*Non-Shooting Equipment and Supplies

Non-Shooting equipment or supplies includes Medical equipment, Food, Water, clothing, or adverse weather gear

This equipment and supplies must be carried in from the Trooper Check In Point.

It may be grounded during a stage.

Water may be resupplied at any time and it is not required to carry water during any stage.

Troopers are allowed to eat lunch provided on the range or purchased in the food truck area.  All other food or snacks consumed during the match must be carried in with them.

Food may be resupplied after the shooter checks out for the day at the Trooper Check Point at night

Firearms

• Troopers may use any Firearms and Equipment deemed safe by the Match Director/Range Master, provided they carried it in from the Trooper Check-in Point.
  • Troopers will use A Rifle and A Pistol Per stage. Unlike other Trooper matches multiple firearms and pistol caliber carbines are NOT allowed to be used in the same course of fire.   If firearms become damaged or unserviceable; Troopers may drop out into another division where their equipment is legal.
  • Troopers may carry multiple rifles and or pistols provided that they carry them throughout each stage.
  • Troopers may use any rifle smaller than 7.62x51mm (note - this restriction also applies to .308 based calibers such as .243, .260 and 6.5 Creedmoor) to engage any designated rifle targets
  • Projectiles weighing more than 70 grains have a velocity limit of 3000 Feet Per Second. This is to preserve our steel targets.
  • Troopers using rifle calibers that may violate the projectile/velocity limit may be subject to a chronograph test at the Match Director’s discretion.

Misc.

• Troopers may not opt-out of any HaH physical challenge.
  • Violation of Trooper Division Rules will result in the competitor being removed from HaH Trooper Division and placed into a division where there equipment is legal.

3 hours ago, atomicferret said:

So is there any incentive to carry more than just your pistol and rifle?  if I brought a PCC and wanted to shoot it on some stage, I would still need to carry my rifle throughout the COF?

All firearms that will be used on any stage must be carried on every stage.  

I'm personally taking A rifle and A pistol.

• 1 month later...

Results are up

https://practiscore.com/results/new/35663

Roughly 1/3 of the shooters were novices who had not shot any other matches, or at least not a major match.  Removing the shotgun attracted more people that would not otherwise participate.

InRange TV will be posting videos of the event.  I'm working on my videos as well.

• 11 months later...

I am still confused about when to show up. The official start time on Practiscore is 1pm on Friday the 11th. The SUPS website still says there will be three days of shooting. Message sent out today says stage brief at 8am on Sat and Sun, shooting starts at 8:05. So show up at 7am on Sat and Sun then? Is there a sign in? There is a general lack of information about this match.

Edited by Csuengr

12 minutes ago, Csuengr said:

I am still confused about when to show up. The official start time on Practiscore is 1pm on Friday the 11th. The SUPS website still says there will be three days of shooting. Message sent out today says stage brief at 8am on Sat and Sun, shooting starts at 8:05. So show up at 7am on Sat and Sun then? Is there a sign in? There is a general lack of information about this match.

Originally it was going to be a Friday-Sunday match.

now it’s Saturday and Sunday.

id recommend showing up at 7am like you said to find your starting bay

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I attempted to shoot this match. I had to withdraw after three. I somehow got what looks to be a muscle spasm in my lower back and by the end of my third stage I could hardly move. Try again next year.

Edited by Csuengr