Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SLUG  CHOKES  FOR  BENELLI

lucas

Benelli says for slugs dont use less than IC,yet in a artical a writer is describing shooting his benelli with slugs using M choke.Can you or cant you.Logic would dictate dont do something the manufacture tells you not to unless there something else going on?

That does not make any sense at all.  If you can shoot goose load (F size, I believe) steel shots through M choke tube, why can't slug, which is softer, be shot through the same tube?  I've used both IC and M chokes with rifled slugs, no problems.  I'm currently using Briley Light Modified as the "do-it-all" choke tube, again, no sweat with slugs.  I'd say shoot it without concerns.  Just make sure that you sight in your gun with the slug/choke tube combo.  

Lucas:

"The modified chokes seem to work the very best for accuracy with slugs" John Shaw! I tend to agree. I have NEVER seen bbl. damaged from firing slugs through a modified tube.             KURT

Paraman1:

Usualy when a barrel is cut down it gets thicker!! Not the othere way around. I have seen them not concentric so that one side is way thicker than the other, DON'T use one that is like this! Any gun you are going to cut or already has been cut for 3 gun i.e. Remmington, Browning, now winchester will have pleanty of thickness for a choke set up. If you are planning to use some off the wall lt weight Berreta or double gun, slugs probably will hurt them if they are thin wall. Besides I've never seen a 3 gun set up for Gambas!

Benny; as for holding a candle to you when shooting slugs, wouldn't the heat just make you meaner than you already are? You would probably beat meat head with an action wrench or some thing. Are you going to be at Mesa? If so we will be at the same hotel as befor...I'm bringin apple juice!!!!           KURT