Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Dirtchevy841

180gr 40 cal bullets. What do you use?

I have been using BBI, but have been drooling over the bullet subscription that Blue Bullets offer.  Always thought it would be cool for bullets to show up automatically .  What a way to brighten the day!

I also use Blue Bullets, its funny everyone talks about smurf finger when loading them. I have this issue as well, but I also get black fingers from loading jacketed bullets so I don't worry about it. Blue Bullets work well and are accurate enough for my purposes.

Blue Bullets for Limited and Montana Gold for open can't go wrong!

calvert

Xtreme 180 RNFP for Limited, I buy them when they are on sale either 10% or 15% off and free shipping, ends up being ~$0.09/ea.

I use ACME for coated, and Zero for FMJ and Jacketed.

All the popular coated are good - I tried BBI's and the worked well for the most part but I did notice more shaving with the BBI in 40 and 45... might have just needed a bit more bell, but ACME's worked fine so when I used up my BBI's I switched back to ACME... just ordered 7K of various bullets, actually.

But, they are all good - Blue, BBI, Bayou, Acme, MG, Egg, SNS, etc... good to have so many options.

Another vote for ACME. I did find that the profile is a little more tapered than other brands that I've used in the past, but they're working fine and great results. 

G22, 4.4gr TG, 169 PF, 1.14" OAL

I shoot Bear Creek Moly bullets. Run great, super consistent size although they run heavy. 183gr is pretty standard on the 180s. Run them at standard OAL out of 2 STIs.

Also have run Leatherheads, another nice product. 

Blue bullets over WST loaded long.  It amazes me when people complain about smurf finger when loading these bullets.  I get that too, then I ........wash my hands.  Which you should do anyway after handling components.

3 hours ago, Husker95 said:

Blue bullets over WST loaded long.  It amazes me when people complain about smurf finger when loading these bullets.  I get that too, then I ........wash my hands.  Which you should do anyway after handling components.

AMEN, would they rather have sticky wax lube and  raw lead dust being absorbed by the bloodstream?

1 hour ago, Sal1950 said:

and  raw lead dust being absorbed by the bloodstream?

Won't happen.

It has to be inhaled or ingested.

My CK 2011 likes MG 180gr JHP.  I couldn't get PD FMJ's to group for anything.

For practice/locals, I use Blue Bullets or ACME 180 coated lead.