180gr 40 cal bullets. What do you use?

Dirtchevy841

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been using BBI, but have been drooling over the bullet subscription that Blue Bullets offer.  Always thought it would be cool for bullets to show up automatically .  What a way to brighten the day!

I also use Blue Bullets, its funny everyone talks about smurf finger when loading them. I have this issue as well, but I also get black fingers from loading jacketed bullets so I don't worry about it. Blue Bullets work well and are accurate enough for my purposes.

I use ACME for coated, and Zero for FMJ and Jacketed.

All the popular coated are good - I tried BBI's and the worked well for the most part but I did notice more shaving with the BBI in 40 and 45... might have just needed a bit more bell, but ACME's worked fine so when I used up my BBI's I switched back to ACME... just ordered 7K of various bullets, actually.

But, they are all good - Blue, BBI, Bayou, Acme, MG, Egg, SNS, etc... good to have so many options.

• 2 weeks later...

I shoot Bear Creek Moly bullets. Run great, super consistent size although they run heavy. 183gr is pretty standard on the 180s. Run them at standard OAL out of 2 STIs.

Also have run Leatherheads, another nice product. 

Blue bullets over WST loaded long.  It amazes me when people complain about smurf finger when loading these bullets.  I get that too, then I ........wash my hands.  Which you should do anyway after handling components.

3 hours ago, Husker95 said:

Blue bullets over WST loaded long.  It amazes me when people complain about smurf finger when loading these bullets.  I get that too, then I ........wash my hands.  Which you should do anyway after handling components.

AMEN, would they rather have sticky wax lube and  raw lead dust being absorbed by the bloodstream?