Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
cj36d

MBX Mags Sticking in PT EVO Grip

Recommended Posts

Shmella, I did not use a file for the magwell.  Sanding drums will take care of it all and it goes quickly.  I did it in small steps and there is a lot of meat in those areas.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, echotango said:

Shmella, I did not use a file for the magwell.  Sanding drums will take care of it all and it goes quickly.  I did it in small steps and there is a lot of meat in those areas.  

 

 

I have to try it now. The finish is getting dinged up in there anyway from jamming mags in it so I'm running out of excuses not to give it a try. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shmella said:

I have to try it now. The finish is getting dinged up in there anyway from jamming mags in it so I'm running out of excuses not to give it a try. Thanks

  Shmella: 

    You mentioned it was your EVO grip , are you doing this to your Atlas built open gun ? 

And If so, how do you like shooting the gun in general ? Hows it running for you ?

 It is a great looking gun by the way. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, gunnit said:

  Shmella: 

    You mentioned it was your EVO grip , are you doing this to your Atlas built open gun ? 

And If so, how do you like shooting the gun in general ? Hows it running for you ?

 It is a great looking gun by the way. 

 

Thanks, I am talking about the Atlas gun. I want to do it to the Atlas but at the same time I am hesitant to take a dremel to the gun that I just dropped some serious coin on. So far this gun is treating me very good. Ive tried to log how many rounds I've shot so far and I've put 1400 rounds so far, all flawless. I have only got to shoot one match so far so most of those rounds were in practice but I am really looking forward to shooting this thing this season if the weather ever comes around up here. Performance wise this gun runs and is top notch. I've dryfired the shit out of this thing so far and the magwell is pretty chewed up anyway so thats what got me thinking about rounding off the inside of the grip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Shmella said:

Thanks, I am talking about the Atlas gun. I want to do it to the Atlas but at the same time I am hesitant to take a dremel to the gun that I just dropped some serious coin on. So far this gun is treating me very good. Ive tried to log how many rounds I've shot so far and I've put 1400 rounds so far, all flawless. I have only got to shoot one match so far so most of those rounds were in practice but I am really looking forward to shooting this thing this season if the weather ever comes around up here. Performance wise this gun runs and is top notch. I've dryfired the shit out of this thing so far and the magwell is pretty chewed up anyway so thats what got me thinking about rounding off the inside of the grip.

  I appreciate the response, glad to hear that your happy with the gun. A buddy was thinking about looking into an Atlas build also, and he's comparing it to a few other builders he's also checking out.

    It's completely understandable being hesitant on doing some dremel or sanding work on a very expensive new build.

Just wait until you feel comfortable doing it. For now shoot the bejeezes out of it and enjoy yourself.

Good luck with your matches this year, and thanks again for your comments.

Edited by gunnit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought 5 MBX 155mm mags for my STI DVC open gun and every one of them was either refusing to lock up or if it did lock in, refusing to release. I spent an inordinate amount of time fretting over the mag lips and the top end of the gun in general only to discover, ( after using lots of marker ink ) that it was the tapered nuts for the grips screws that were just a little too thick for the MBX mags. This is with the PT SS grip. The one factory STI mag that came with the gun worked flawlessly which only complicated the investigation. I removed some material with a file and in about 10-15min all 5 mags worked perfectly. The only issue since then was target 7 stage 1 at the Florida Open last February. I thought the mag was 'reloadable' at 26rds, ( holds 27...) but after the mag change the first round dropped the mag. Loaded 25 after that and never an issue. Arggggg. 

Been 6 months and 9 matches later, all good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So a quick update.  A few taps in some key places and no issues.  It was definitely isolated to the 2 new style MBX mags I purchased, all 6 of my older style MBX mags had no issues.  After talking with Adam it seems there were some minor changes with this new style...no biggie just had to figure out how to tweak them.  

 

I think someone asked earlier about my Atlas Open rig.  Been very happy with their work.  This is my second season on the gun, with a few changes this year...5k rounds or so through it since changing the grip (went from SV to the PT EVO) and swapping from CMore to a Leupold deltapoint pro, with no issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...