Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 in the wild

CookieTheSwede

Got mine in today from CZ Custom.

Quick review:

First impression. It's heavy. You can feel it's a little thicker but still basicly feels like other shadows.

Trigger pull is nice. But still has that long reach. DA weighs in at 9.5lbs and the SA is 3.1lbs (average of 10 pulls).

Extended mag release is a nice addition also.

I will give a range report shortly. Rain is out of control lately ☹️

IMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG

My trigger pull weights were about the same. I was surprised how I didn't notice the weight as much as I thought I would, it's very balanced in hand. We'll see when I have to draw the gun and make transitions.

I've come to like the rear sight profile quite a bit.

I can feel the cool mag release paddle push back against my hand when I seat a mag. It was disconcerting at first but now I'm over it.

My biggest gripe is how much thicker the shadow 2 feels for my small hands. I'm kinda glad I went with the shadow 1 vs 2. I guess thin aluminum grips on the two would make it feel closer to the one. But it just felt too thick for me.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

the frame is def thicker. but to me, the slide and the grip felt thinner than i'd expected. if i were to make a circle with my thumb and forefinger, like making the OK sign, I bet they are of smaller circumference holding the Shadow 2 versus my SP01 Shadow due to how the Shdw2 is cut around the trigger guard and beaver tail.

needless, i love the new grip part of the frame!

Yep with polish and springs my DA went to 7 with the stock hammer and 2.75 SA.

How's your slide to frame fit feel. Mine seems tight on some spots. Would you mess with polishing the rails or would a few thousand rounds resolve it. I got mine to just under 3 in SA. Did you replace trigger return spring?

Also... I can't find slide stops anywhere. I'm trying to rebuild my spare parts kit and most everything from my CTS LSP worked.

How's your slide to frame fit feel. Mine seems tight on some spots. Would you mess with polishing the rails or would a few thousand rounds resolve it. I got mine to just under 3 in SA. Did you replace trigger return spring?

Also... I can't find slide stops anywhere. I'm trying to rebuild my spare parts kit and most everything from my CTS LSP worked.

I don't have one, but I would absolutely not go polishing rails. Let the gun lap itself into being smooth.

14 hours ago, Richc2048 said:

How does the S2 compare to the CTS LSP? 

Tight in spots? Tight for the first 1.5" when you are installing the slide would make me want to look close at the left side of the slide.

There is a huge difference in grip. The LSP has a 75 lower. I could get a tighter grip with an SP-01 shadow grip.

The shadow 2 grip is amazing for my hands. It feels like it torques at the webbing of my hand and makes me get a tighter grip naturally. I like the sights on LSP but that can be changed on shadow. I like the sight radius of the long slide too.

Overall review. I think I'm gonna buy a 2nd shadow 2 and completely switch platforms.

How does the S2 compare to the CTS LSP? 

Tight in spots? Tight for the first 1.5" when you are installing the slide would make me want to look close at the left side of the slide.

Its tight like the fit of frame slide has some tight spots. It's continuous. I'm thinking a few thousand rounds will make me better.

well since i work for a tuning shop, automatic accuracy, i can't really tell you all the secrets. hahahaha.

main spring was changed as mentioned. the rest was just polishing and filing. running the stock trs.

6 hours ago, Richc2048 said:

If it's not legal by the time I get my holster I plan on shooting Limited minor.

Smart move. They are going to stick out like a sore thumb, I would bump one to open in a heartbeat and I am a nice person for an r.o..

"Overall review. I think I'm gonna buy a 2nd shadow 2 and completely switch platforms."

If you do any back-to-back shooting before hand it would be interesting to know what you find.