My Shadow 2 modifications

rowdyb

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, LuvDog said:

Anything special done to make weight?

Yes, quite a bit. Turning down a stock, stainless steel guide rod. Careful selection of base pads. Attention to weight of optic. A considerable amount of milling to 3 places on the slide.

On 6/7/2018 at 8:08 AM, rowdyb said:

Aaaaand I pre ordered a Barsto match barrel for the gun. So we'll see that in about 6 weeks.

I'd be curious what kind of accuracy gains you see. 

I haven't read the entire thread, do you have an accu bushing on your S2?

Rowdy....I knew last summer you were having a problem with the Henning mag bases allowing you to overinsert during slide lock situations, so switched them out to another brand.....was the problem the wrong Henning bases or what ?....I now see you are running Henning plus mag bases on your Carry Optics Shadow 2....what bases are you running on your Shadow 2 when shooting Production div ?

23 hours ago, race1911 said:

Rowdy....I knew last summer you were having a problem with the Henning mag bases allowing you to overinsert during slide lock situations, so switched them out to another brand.....was the problem the wrong Henning bases or what ?....I now see you are running Henning plus mag bases on your Carry Optics Shadow 2....what bases are you running on your Shadow 2 when shooting Production div ?

So part of it all back then was I wanted one CZ basepad for everything I did and in carrying mags either bullets forward or out. Speed reload or slide lock reload. Shadow 2 or SP01. The "problem" for me, and maybe only me, is that the Henning do not have any sort of lip to act as a stop, a la a 1911 mag's basepad. With my reload style, speed, force, gun or whatever I could insert the mags far enough the slide could not drop and tie up the gun as it tried to do so. Not a good thing in idpa. I had the correct basepads for my mags, but there was a "flaw" in how they worked for me in that application.

Now that I shoot very little IDPA, have switched back to bullets forward I am happy. Yes, still on a slide lock reload I can over insert my mags with these pads and ruin my day. But I do so few of them now and I am more careful of it when I do it  that I feel OK. When I was still shooting idpa I would put on the CZC basepad as they still let me fit the box great, make weight and not over insert the mag at all on slide lock.

I've added the 10X bushing to my Shadow 2 and didn't see any difference in accuracy.  Seriously considering an Accu Bushing, though.

Are you seeing issues in your groupings that you’re trying to fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/9/2018 at 9:09 PM, wdfwguy said:

I've added the 10X bushing to my Shadow 2 and didn't see any difference in accuracy.  Seriously considering an Accu Bushing, though.

I personally don't think it adds anything. 

I've had one with each. The most accurate CZ I've ever had was stock bushing. 

I understand that each gun is  different so that doesn't mean stock bushing is always going to be the most accurate but after having several with CZs the bushing upgrade is a waste of money IMO. 

1 hour ago, B_RAD said:

Whatever you need to tell yourself. 

???? 

I've installed 3 of the upgraded bushings, definite improvement every time but my most accurate gun does not have one and the amount of improvement varied from 'challenging to measure' to 'big smiley face'. If you have tinkered with CZ's much you have seen that there is a great deal of variance gun to gun, not as bad as Tanfo's though (or so it seems). 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

10 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

???? 

I've installed 3 of the upgraded bushings, definite improvement every time but my most accurate gun does not have one and the amount of improvement varied from 'challenging to measure' to 'big smiley face'. If you have tinkered with CZ's much you have seen that there is a great deal of variance gun to gun, not as bad as Tanfo's though (or so it seems). 

Sorry, I got my responses from two different forums mixed. 

I agree.. 

17 hours ago, Matt1 said:

Why, they do the same thing?

There was no real difference in accuracy.  If anything, with the 10x installed, my groups were *slightly* larger.

Edited by wdfwguy
misspelling

my early production run pistol with a 10x does not group nearly as well as my later production run gun I bought used from b-rad. like the groups are twice as big with the older gun versus the newer one.

1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

my early production run pistol with a 10x does not group nearly as well as my later production run gun I bought used from b-rad. like the groups are twice as big with the older gun versus the newer one.

I want it back. 

Edited by B_RAD