Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Shadow 2 modifications

rowdyb

I have CZ Custom Shadows and are pretty use to those triggers.

How heavy are the triggers out of the box with a 13lb mainspring?  It's sounding like I need to send them to Stuart before I'd want to train with them?

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, JP221 said:

I have CZ Custom Shadows and are pretty use to those triggers.

How heavy are the triggers out of the box with a 13lb mainspring?  It's sounding like I need to send them to Stuart before I'd want to train with them?

They aren't as bad as the Shadow 1 triggers. But they are a bit heavier than most of us would like.

18 minutes ago, Vanniek71 said:

They aren't as bad as the Shadow 1 triggers. But they are a bit heavier than most of us would like.

Have you weighed them?  I was hoping some one would have actual numbers, sorry if I was too vague.

There are some YouTube videos with weights on them, I think DA was coming in around 10 and SA was almost 7.

Quite a bit heavier than my 4 1/2 DA and 2 SA on my Shadow 1!

I'll of course be changing some springs and polishing asap

My S2 was around 8lbs 8oz DA and 3lbs 6oz SA.  

I put an 11.5 # HS in it last night and it was below 6lbs DA and SA was about 4 oz lighter.  

I'm probably gonna go with a 13# HS. Just for the most reliable ignition. 

Trigger is pretty dang good stock.  

I'm currently planning on only switching hammer and recoil springs, and grips. 

Potential candidates to follow: lightened FP / spring and Short Reach Kit

Possible, but unlikely further: Cajun bushing and competition hammer. 

Just finished mine today. Polish, respring (11.5MS), T3 Disco, 10x bushing, czc hammer, and all the little bits (FP, TRS, etc). DA is lighter than my Shadow1, take-up less, reset maybe 0.5mm more. SA slightly heavier. Overall very happy with the results of my elbow grease.

The stock hammer is pretty darn good and for the cost of the CZC hammer I'd just polish up the stocker and call it a day. Function check and sighing in tomorrow.

5 hours ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

According to David at CGW there was a decent amount of play. Better than the S1, but not as good as the 10X bushing.

I saw that post from David, I just wasn't sure if his was the rule or the exception.  Guess I'll just order the 10X bushing and call it a day.

3 hours ago, wingnut said:

What HS and RS are in the S2

According to CGW it's a 14 - 14.5# hammer spring and a 13# recoil spring.  I don't know that CZ has actually posted specs yet.  Mine are being replaced with 13# and 11# respectively, same as my ST2.  I believe Stuart even mentioned those weights in this thread on page 1.

Found it:

We have been doing

CZ Competition hammer, fitting better disconnector, extended firing pin, 13# main.

other options have been 11# recoil, .100 wide front sight, fully adjustable rear sight.  still working on our fixed rear sight.

Edited by clw42

6 hours ago, gee0111 said:

My Shadow 2 with CGW 11.5# hammer spring, reduced power firing pin spring, and extended firing pin, was 100 percent reliable for 200 rounds yesterday. Ammo was factory Blazer Brass 124 grain.

Glad to hear that. Do you have an 8.5# spring to try out? The gun comes stock with a 14# spring with a normal FP so I wonder if the gun is able to shoot with lighter springs.

Glad to hear that. Do you have an 8.5# spring to try out? The gun comes stock with a 14# spring with a normal FP so I wonder if the gun is able to shoot with lighter springs.

I've got one but I haven't tried it. I put an extended firing pin in with the 11 # spring and it has plenty of snap (pencil test) I'd bet the 8.5 would be fine with Federal primers

On 3/24/2017 at 9:04 PM, Aceyduce said:

Just finished mine today. Polish, respring (11.5MS), T3 Disco, 10x bushing, czc hammer, and all the little bits (FP, TRS, etc). DA is lighter than my Shadow1, take-up less, reset maybe 0.5mm more. SA slightly heavier. Overall very happy with the results of my elbow grease.

The stock hammer is pretty darn good and for the cost of the CZC hammer I'd just polish up the stocker and call it a day. Function check and sighing in tomorrow.

How much, if any, fitting was required with the new hammer?

i only had to fit mine to the frame.

stock right out of the box w nothing, my DA was 10# and my SA was 5#. with all i've done and just a little shooting i am now down to the usual 6# DA and 2# SA with great reset.

How much, if any, fitting was required with the new hammer?

I used the CGW sear to address the issue. With my original sear it wouldn't have taken much at all to get it right. A simple tweak to the safety leg and it would have been perfect.

Anyone know if the Dawson front sights will still fit?

Looks like they will, but wanted to ask and see if anyone had fit one to the gun. I prefer the recessed fiber on the Dawson's compared to the CZ stock sights.

5 minutes ago, slavex said:

the current Shadow 2s have the recessed type FO rod. Regardless the sights are exactly the same as on a Shadow, other than perhaps style or height. Cuts are all the same.

Mine isn't a recessed rod like the Dawson sights, I suppose I could recess it myself with a drill bit, but I'm lazy