Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Missouri Steel Target Championship

What would you guys do if this happened to you? You and another shooter travel 8 hours one way to the match. You go out to the range to make sure of its location and see whats going on. Nobody will even make eye contact with you. First red flag.

No big deal check in the hotel and take a shower hoping that was the problem.

You go check in the hospitality room to get your squading and 25.00 shirt. No shirts were made for the match but we have some left overs from last year. Ugly green but the new shooter thinks its hot so what the hell its for a good cause. Second red flag.

You get to the match go to the shooters meeting and get told that were going to try to shoot the whole match and shoot off in one day. Cool but why? Third red flag.

New shooter's gun breaks on the stage. Everyone is great and trys to get him to shoot their back up. New shooter believe it or not is happy the pressure is off.

New shooter starts helping with scoring and over hears a discussion about no plagues or prize table.Fourth red flag.

I tell him there is no way they can do that. They advertised the match as one with a prize table. I check the paperwork there it is awards and PRIZE TABLE. Plus there're shooters from Fla,Ar, Ok,Tenn, Canada ect,ect.

Match goes well . I have the fastest time and win. We ask about the awards and get told the stuff is here.We wait another 2 hours. Cars are leaving.Red flag. Match director comes out and says we hope you don't mind but were keeping the prizes for the fall classic .I hope you don't mind. By the way we have no plaques either we'll mail them to you. Thanks for your support of COPS

WTF????

I was shocked as well--it was really a bad scene. This is the exact same bunch of guys who did a great job with the MO Fall Classic last year....however, somebody really dropped the ball on this match.

I sent a polite email to them last night, expressing my concerns, and would like to see their response before I say anything further on the forum.

Mike Carmoney

I am still in shock as to the way the match was handled. I too am sending the Club president an email as to how poorly the match was handled. This is an abberation for this club, as they have a sterling reputation and have put on stellar AREA III matches. I know that the four of us that drove 5.5 hours one way to the match were stunned on how they handled the match.

I will wait and see how we as consumers(shooters) are responded too before commenting further....

Doug Carden, who will travel great lengths to shoot steel....... :unsure:

It goes on and on. There were a few junior shooters there that they didn't even mention.Bad form and young hurt feelings.

No high overall. I'm not sure why. Ok who's the winner? We aren't doing that. Why? We're just doing Open ,Limited,Production and rimfire?

54 shooters at 75.00 is $ 4050.00 not to mention paying 25.00 with your entry for a golf shirt that never got ordered.

No class awards ? Why ? The match flier says USPSA class awards for classes with 3 or more shooters. Were not doing that. Why?

I have the fastest times.

Overall

Open

Master

Well overall the .22 shooters have 2 faster times.How can you compair drawing 60 times in the match to guys shooting .22s from the high ready?

We'll give you the high open. Thanks

Not enough shooters for Master class open .

Look at the score sheet I count 3 .

Look we'll mail you high open. If you don't like whats going on please feel free to fill the back of your match book and mail it in .