Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SIG 320 SSP Grip Texturing?

Tokarev

Many of the plastic fantastics would still be the primary choice of many shooters. What I don't think would be as popular are the guns that require trigger work to be competitive, such as the Tanfo Lim Pro. Not that they are extremely popular to begin with. But they would definitely be less demand for them. 

• 2 weeks later...
How do you prove the gun doesn't have 10% lighter springs? Do you pull them and test?

Do you allow grip tape?

Do you let them change the sights to something competitive? Tweak the magazine catch papering to make it easier to depress?

Set a trigger pull weight of something like 4 or more pounds as mandatory.

Sights can be changed.

No externally visible mods allowed.

On a somewhat related note I just shot a fairly major match. Shooting rules were strictly enforced but there was no equipment check nor chrono and I believe there should have been. Rules are rules after all...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

If I were the SSP Czar, I would apply the IPSC Production 5 lb first shot trigger pull limit.

I would allow tape anywhere any amount, cover it up if you like.

Stippling, zero, zip, nada, what part of NONE do you not understand?

Otherwise:

8.2.1.2 SSP Permitted Modifications (Inclusive list):

A. Sights may be changed to another NON OPTIC type. Slides may not be machined to accept different style

sights.

B. Grips may be changed to another style or material that is similar to factory configuration and do not weigh more

than 2.00 oz. more than the factory standard weight for that model.

C. Magazine releases, slide stops, safety levers, de-cocking levers, hammers, and triggers, that are stock on one SSP

legal firearm may be used on another SSP legal firearm from the same manufacturer provided they are drop in

replacements. Parts in this list must come factory installed on standard production firearms. Special parts that

are available installed only from a factory custom shop are not eligible in SSP.

D. Recoil spring guide rods and dual spring recoil systems made of material that is no heavier than stainless steel.

E. Frames may be replaced with identical frames from the same manufacturer.

F. A slip-on grip sock and/or grip tape, skateboard tape, etc. may be used.

G. Internal action work may be used to enhance trigger pull as long as safety is maintained (no visible external

modifications allowed).  FIVE LB FIRST SHOT MINIMUM.

H. Internal reliability work.

I. Aftermarket extractors and pins may be used.

J. Internal accuracy work.

K. Replacement of barrel with one of factory configuration that uses the original cartridge.

L. Plastic plugs may be used to fill the opening behind the magazine well.

M. Custom finishes may be applied.

N. Stock slide cover plates may be refinished.

O. Slides may be engraved. Engraving is defined as etching into the slide of logos, letters, and graphics no deeper

than the original factory logos.

P. Stippling and texturing may be performed on readily replaceable parts of the grip frame such as replaceable

back straps and replaceable grip panels.

Q. Aftermarket magazines may be used provided they do not weigh more than 1.00 oz. over the same capacity

factory magazine.

R. Aftermarket magazine base pads may be used provided they do not make the magazine weight more than 1.00

oz. over the same capacity factory magazine.

S. Magazine base pads may be modified by reshaping, texturing, or adding bumper pads provided that they do not

make the magazine weigh more than 1.00 oz. over the same capacity factory magazine.

T. Magazines that are longer than stock may be used provided they meet all other division requirements.

I'd also change mag capacity limit from 10 to something like 15 rounds. It wouldn't make any difference on standards stages and it wouldn't make a huge difference on most other stages either. Any stage requiring more than 16 rounds would still require a reload at some point.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk